"Cassie I didn't break up with you that was my brother trying to get back at me for going against his 'laws' or whatever. I love you please forgive me." Now the tears were falling, I was considering moving our conversation out of a public setting but it was too late everyone in the lunch room had seen the tears, bloody tears might I add, dang it! He exposed himself. 

"I thought it wasn't you but I'd been through so much that day that I couldn't get your voice or your brothers for that matter. I forgive you. But Danny we got to move, you’re crying and you just fed so the blood is in your tears!"

"Ah crap. Let's go, and cool I'm real sorry about your dad I was watching the news and your dad's name popped up. I couldn't believe it than my name popped up and I knew it was my brother. Crap the asswipe always getting in my way." I laughed a little and started leading him out of the room. As soon as we were in the clear, I kissed him, then I saw a figure pass by the alcove where we were making out who just so happened to be Danny's mysterious brother. I only knew because he looked just like the guy I was locking lips with.

 "I've never met your brother, Danny." Well than I have my boyfriend back. Now I wish my dad wasn't dead.

"You don't want to." He whispered and started to walk away.

  Chapter Two:   "No yes I do. Please take me to meet him and your mother after school? You only live a crossed the street." I gave him my puppy dog eyes and kissed him too for good measure   "Fine. Meet me at my car after school like always." I held his hand until he was too far away for me to hold onto it without stretching, I spotted a dark figure in the next alcove down from mine watching our exchange. Something about it sent tingles to my hidden wings, they itched not a good sign that meant trouble. I was being spied on.

  ******Niko**********

I watched from the shadows the exchange between my half brother and the girl I was sworn to protect, it seems my plans to break them up have been foiled, Dimitri is going to kill me, and so is Arvial. I hated that I had to pretend to be evil for my brother only my mother knew my true identity and true purpose. Not even the crack head I was supposedly married too knew or my son Jake who I felt very guilty for giving that wife of mine full rein on. I seriously had to get rid of the alcohol.

  *******Cassie********

Well than I have my boyfriend back. Now I wish my dad wasn't dead. Now after school I’m in Danny’s car and I’m waiting for him to start the engine. He just sits there. I think he doesn't want me to meet his Vampire family especially his brother. I huffed and looked at him and said “How are we supposed to get there if you don’t start the car Danny?”  As if out of a trance he looked at me and then at the keys. “Oh yeah sorry Cass.” He put the key in the ignition and we were off. It was silent until we got to Hackamore  Street when he started warning me about what not to say basically he was giving the do’s and don’t s of meeting the parents. In this case Vampents. No wonder he was worried vampires and fairies normally stay out of each other’s way Danny and I were an abnormal couple you could say. When we got to 67890 Hackamore Street he turned into the drive way and turned off the car. But he made no move to get out of the car. He just sat there staring at the steering wheel then he glanced at me.   Danny shifted uncomfortably in the car outside his house. I've never been here. It was a nice house, three stories, a lot of windows, and a white picket fence. It even had a mail box that said ‘PHELPS’ on the side in white. The door had an artificial wreath for every season and there were no clues that a family of vampires lived there. I didn't know what Danny was so worried about. I wondered what his vampire family does for fun. I’m the only fairy in my family I was chosen by my great grandmother that whenever I was born I would become a fairy high queen when I turned 18. I have other intentions; I’m going to be the best Halfa high queen the world has ever known. Actually I take that back my grandmother was a Halfa high queen, and she kicked ass, quite literally too.