Louder Than Fireworks [17]

En başından başla

After a bit more discussion about the preparations for tonight's celebration, the group parted ways to do their assigned tasks and relax a little before the big night ahead of them. You and Sal walked back to his apartment and plopped onto his couch, Sal sitting up while you laid across the couch with your head in his lap, looking up at him. His fingers gently stroked your [H/C] hair as he softly hummed, the faint scent of your coconut shampoo present as he did so.

"It feels kinda weird without your dad being here. No keyboard clacking or coffee pouring.", you remarked, "But I'm enjoying the alone time together, I hope your dad's having a nice vacation. When does he get back?".  He thought for a second before replying, "Oh, I think day after tomorrow? I'm not too sure, Im just glad he's finally blowing off some steam after working for so long.", he paused, "I noticed he's been drinking a lot less lately, too. That's a good sign.".

Looking up at him, your hand extended to caress his mask, knowing this was a sensitive subject, "Hey, just to let you know, Sally, we don't have to drink any of the beer we buy for the rest of the gang.", you told him, "Both our parents have had drinking problems in the past, so we know how it feels to not want to drink and risk ending up with a problem like they did. Plus, I think cherry soda tastes way better anyways.", you assured him with a cheerful grin.

"I'm really lucky to have you, Y/N. You never hesitate to support me, and you're always so understanding. Maybe it's because we have so much in common, or maybe it's just pure luck, but I really do feel like we were fated to meet one another.", his hands were now gently caressing the soft warm skin upon your cheeks, "You really are such an amazing girl...how'd someone like me ever get to land you?", that adorable red tint upon his ears that meant he was blushing now present.

Sitting up, you quickly wrapped your arms around him in a hug, nuzzling your face into the crook of his neck, "I should be the one asking that question, Sally. How did I ever manage to find such a sweetheart like you?", you softly whispered to him. Blush becoming deeper, he hugged you as tightly as he possible could, holding onto you for dear life before his arms suddenly lifted you up.

"W-woah!", you exclaimed as you felt your feet lift off the ground. Sallyface was now carrying you bridal style towards his room, your eyes wide with surprise, "S-since when could you-", he interrupted you, "I've been doing pull-ups on my door frame for a while now, I told you I'd get stronger for you, Y/N.", he proudly stated while walking into his room, "Now that I've carried you in here, how's a nap before we head to the store sound? We've got some time to kill.".

Laughing as he gently placed onto his bed, you quickly agreed, "That sounds perfect, Sally. Now that you've gotten stronger, I want to be cuddled extra hard!", you playfully exclaimed as your boyfriend took his mask off and joined you in bed, "Careful, don't tempt me .", he teased back.

After a bit of mindless chatter and messing around with Gizmo, the two of you were out like lights, laying side by side in bed, your head resting against Sallyface's chest as his arm was wrapped around your waist.
• • •
You stretched your arms out as high as possible, mumbling to yourself at the inconvenient placement of the 12-packs of cheap beer, "Who's idea was it to put them on the top shelf?! Maybe if I get on my tip toes...", however there was no need for that, as you suddenly felt a pair of hands upon your waist gently lifting you off the ground.

"O-oh! Sallyface!", you said completely caught by surprise and now blushing, embarrassed at how silly you must've looked trying to reach the drinks, "You didn't need do that...b-but thanks, you show-off.", you joked while grabbing the box of beer. A huge smug grin spread across his face as he slowly put you down, making sure to be careful as to not drop you, "Sorry, Y/N, you just looked like you could've used some help. And you looked too cute trying to reach the top shelf.", he said with a snicker.