49: "Stop pissing testosterone and just go to bed."

Start from the beginning

"Did you two break up?" Lily asks gently, and Alice shakes her head.

"No?" She laughs a little, "We don't spend that much time together."

We all share looks.

"Right," I say, "So why aren't you with him now?"

"He's got some prefect thing." She shrugs, pulling out her work, "Now that the year's almost over, all the sixth year prefects are doing as much as possible in hopes of becoming Head Boy or Girl next year."

"I hope to become Head Girl one day," Lily says in wonder.

"Well you can start with me, babe!" Calls Hocks, who was just passing by with Gardner. We all make noises of complaint as they high five, and Dorcas throws a pillow with incredible accuracy at their heads, knocking them into each other.

"Well it's not gonna be Emma Vanity, that's for sure," Dorcas snorts, pushing Sebastian away again and narrowing her eyes at him, "get off my work, you little shit."

Sebastian just stares up at her with the greatest admiration before nudging her hand with his nose, and I think I almost see a smile on her face before she shoves him off once more.

Suddenly, there's a whooping sound, and we all turn to see James run into the common room, Sirius hot on his heels, both of them holding large crates.

"Let's get this party started!" James shouts, his tie wrapped around his head and his robes nowhere to be seen.

"It's a Thursday, Potter!" Someone shouts, but half of us are already up, me and Dorcas included, to get first dibs on the alcohol they've stolen.

Sirius puts his crate down and opens it, revealing what must be about thirty bottles of fire whiskey, before grinning at me.

"Pick your poison, my fair lady," he says, and I grin as well, grabbing a bottle and cracking it open.

"Where did you get all this?" I question.

"Honeydukes basement," he responds, taking a bottle of his own before stepping back so the herd of Gryffindors that has gathered can get to the drinks. I grab the back of a first year's hood as he goes in for the stash, dragging him out of the circle before taking a swig of my bottle, "it turns out the owner has his own little collection. I don't think he needs all of this, so we took some off his hands."

I snicker at his lopsided grin, looking around at the half of the students that sigh and take their work up to their dorms, knowing they won't get any peace and quiet down here. Lily goes to leave, but then James appears out of nowhere and slings an arm around her shoulders.

"Leaving so soon?" He asks, veering her around and shoving a drink in her hands. She eyes it with suspicion.

"That was the plan," she responds, but he's already taking her over to me and Sirius, sitting her down on the couch next to an unsuspecting Remus. Then, he turns to the crowd, "Who wants to play Never Have I Ever?"

"Nobody!" Chants me, Dorcas, Remus, and Lily.

"It involves drinking," James sings.

"Everybody!" Me and Dorcas shout. Sirius laughs.

"Make a circle!" James calls, as someone has turned on music and it threatens to drown out our voices. Marcus, Emmeline, Caradoc, Hocks, and Gardner all join the group as we take seats on couches and the ground, all circled around the coffee table. James tugs Lily next to him, and Sirius grabs Remus before he can escape, plopping him down on the couch as well. I squish in between the two boys, smiling evilly at Remus, who gives me a narrow-eyed stare.