― 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 | 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒

started: 06.08.18

before rewrite: ch.3

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘

Charlotte Burnes shouldn't be alive. Charlotte Burnes should have died in 1846 from an outbreak of cholera in an orphanage in Britain, with no one but her grieving husband and a nearby midwife. As she gave one last glance at the window, she sincerely thought that was it; death was as a part of life that no one seemed to accept till the end came to them. Yet she never did accept it.

Waking up from what she thought would be an endless sleep, she found herself as a teenager in the 1920's, dancing with date in one of the speakeasies in New York. She'd been horribly confused at first, not sure why she was alive, and why she of all people deserved to continue her life, but eventually accepted it. She lived life passively engaging in activities—most of them illegal—because what the hell, she couldn't die, no repercussions. And so Charlotte lived with vitality and irresponsibility.

Until she met Bucky Barnes.

The two had been a whirlwind of lovers—Charlotte the witty, sarcastic, counterpart that was a tad more mysterious than she let on to, and Bucky the handsome lad who seem to play at Charlotte's heart strings. But when Charlotte dies in a car crash after Bucky goes off to war, and wakes up in the 50's to a new life, far from the fantasy she'd come to love in the 40's she still yearns for, and her past lover—her Bucky.

Because, sometime, every lost girl needed to come home.

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓

jenna coleman as charlotte burnes