Chapter 4 (edited)

Începe de la început

Walking in, no one was in there except a group of teenagers, so I just asked for a table of two assuming he was still on his way as I had arrived a little early, pulled out a menu, and waited for him to show up.

It was only a couple of minutes later when I heard the sound of footsteps making their way towards me. Thinking it was a waiter, I put on a small smile and looked up, ready to greet them.

Turns out it wasn't a waiter.

In front of me was a whole ass model.  He was wearing a black tux, an expensive-looking watch, with black brushed-back hair.

"Toby, am I correct?"

Looking him in the eyes or trying to at least, as even with people I've known my whole life I could never look them in the eye, I answered him.

"Oh yeah, nice to meet you," I said with a nervous smile I hoped looked genuine.

Sliding into the seat in front of me he holds out his hand, "Nice to meet you too."

I shook his hand back, even though I was sure my hands were sweaty with nerves, "Can I ask why you wanted to meet me?"

Ignoring what I asked him he asked his own question. "Have you ordered yet?" Shaking my head no, he continues, "Let's order first and then we can talk."

Nodding my consent we both pick up a menu and browse through what they have. Glad he chose a cheap place I could afford, I immediately choose the chicken tenders. Yeah, I may be twenty-two but chicken tenders rock.

Looking away from my menu I look up only to look away, blushing. Beckett was looking straight at me and he didn't shy away when I caught him either.

"So um what did you want to talk about?" I ask hoping he would look away from me, even for a second. 

"I want you to be my sugar baby."

Well, talk about subtle.

"I'm actually not a sugar baby sorry," I say wincing knowing he was probably disappointed finding out I wasn't. 

"Then why were you on the website," he asked curiously.

"Well, my friend signed me up without me knowing, saying I needed to be more social." which wasn't completely true, but no way was I going to tell him the real reason kyle sighed me up.

Humming, he sat back and just stared at me. He stared long enough for me to become beet red and fidget around in the seat. Opening his mouth about to say something, he gets interrupted by the waiter coming back with our food.

Placing our food down, our waiters leave with a quick "enjoy your food," leaving Beckett and me alone again.

"You're really not a sugar baby? Or even a sub?"

Hurrying up to finish chewing the piece of chicken tender I had put in my mouth, I answer him "Uh no, I'm sorry." Picking up my drink I take a sip of my lemonade. "Well, would you like to try?"

And out goes my lemonade.

"I'm sorry what," I say coughing, not really expecting that.

"I'm assuming since your friend filled it out, that all your info was answered correctly, and I liked what I saw"

"But I'm really not a-" 

"Sugar baby I know. But would you be willing to try?"

"I-"

"And before you disagree, I can show a contract you would have to sign that has rules and information of what's to be expected, and we can have a trial week before we do anything serious or formal."

I couldn't believe what he was saying. He actually wanted me to be his sugar baby. I thought of all the things that could go wrong and decided I would say no. And even if nothing could go wrong I wasn't ready for a relationship. Yeah, it had been 2 years since my last one but it wasn't a healthy one, at all. But then kyles stupid face when he was telling me his reasons for signing me up popped up in my mind. And he was right I decided. I needed to get over my fear of being in a relationship or else I never would. Quickly gathering every inch of courage I have, I decided on my answer.

Sighing, knowing I would most like regret this, I look up at him to give him an answer.

"Ok, I'll be your sugar baby".