Chapter One

I smiled in the mirror. My outfit was very nice, I was going on a date with a coworker. I did not really have feelings for him, but I figure why not give it a try?

     I should introduce myself. I am Trish Sky. I am twenty years old. I work as a reporter on the newspaper. I interview people, but I also write some stories too.

     Now for my physical appearance. I have long black hair that lays down my back. Its straight and I have sky blue tips at the bottom. My eyes are emerald green with dark, long lashes. I have a pale complexion. I am five foot tall. I have an average body build. I have curves and muscles (my job required me to take a self defense class due to interviewing certain people.)

     My outfit today wasn't super classy, but I thought that I looked good. I am wearing a nice pair of dark jeans and a blue tank top which ties in the back and neck. My black boots go well with my outfit. I have a heart locker on a silver chain around my neck. Inside is a picture of my best friend and I. On the opposit side an engraving is present that says "forever and always" as in best friends forever.

     I was playing with the chain subconsciously when a car horn shook me out of my daydream. My date was here.

     I grabbed my black over the shoulder bag and my phone heading outside. Who just beeps their horn? I thought as I locked my door up. I walked to his silver four door car. 

     I got into the passenger side and buckled up. I looked over at my date and smiled. He was pretty handsome for our date. His name is Lucas. He is twenty-five. His hair is chestnut brown with the same complexion eyes. His skin is tan. He is built and has broad shoulders.

     Lucas is in a white button up shirt with dark pants. He has an expensive looking watch on his wrist. On his pointer finger on his right hand he wears a silver ring.

     We are going to a seafood restaurant. I've never been and one just opened close to my apartment. I was actually pretty excited to be going. I love seafood and its been a long time since I've been out.

     "You look nice," I said.

     He smiled. "So do you, however, I thought you were going to dress up more for a grand opening."

     I shurgged. "I did not think I needed to get super dressed up."

     "I'm just saying you would probably look much better if you did," he said.

     I did not say anything back. This date was already off to a bad start and I really did not want to make it any worse. Afterall, I was going to spend another hour with him at least.

     We sat in silence until we arrived at the restaurant. Getting out we walked to the door side by side. I could already tell that this was not going to be any fun.

     "Table for two," Lucas said.

     When we were seated I looked around to observe the place. The walls were a crimson red with elegant paintings hanging everywhere. The floors were covered with a black carpet.

     Wood tables and chairs covered the floor. In the center a bar stood with black tops and red stools. There was an aquarium by one of the doors that only staff were allowed in.

     The place was gorgeous. I looked at the menu in front of me. The paper itself was black with white ink.

     I looked over the menu and smiled when I seen what I wanted. Shrimp in noodles covered with alfrado sauce. The waiter came over to our table after I spotted what I wanted.

     "My name is Victor, I will be your waiter this evening. What can I get you?" He asked.

     "I would like a water and shrimp noodles with alfrado, please," I said.

     "I'll have water as well and the lobster salad," Lucas ordered.

     Victor smiled at us. "Okay, I'll put your order in right away."

     He walked away from us going either to the kitchen or to wait on another table. I looked over at Lucas and smiled trying to lighten the mood.

     "So, Trish, tell me more about you?"

     "What do you want to know?" I asked

     "Is your reporter job what you really want to be doing? I mean I know you're only twenty," Lucas answered.

     "Actually no, I love my job. However, its not what I want to do," I spoke up.

     "So what do you want to do?" He asked.

     "I want to help animals," I stated.

     I looked up to see Lucas on his phone as if he didnt even care. I sat silently for a moment then pulled out my phone texting my best friend.

Me- Will you come get me? I'm at the new seafood place, but I'm about to make a scene cause my date is being ultra rude.
Cameron- Sure. Don't be too dramstic till I get there this way we can pretend I'm your boyfriend.

     I chuckled under my breath. Lucas was still on his phone so he was too preoccupied to notice. I shook my head at him and put my phone on my lap so I could see when he texted me.

     Victor  came back to our table with the waters.

     "Your food will be ready momentarily," he said.

     I smiled at him as he walked away I grabbed my water and took a sip. My phone buzzed on my leg after I set the cup down.

Cameron- I'm here

     I put my phone down and Victor came to our table with the food.

     "Will you please put that in a carry out box for me? I will be leaving," I said.

     I got a confused look for both Victor and Lucas.

     "My date has been rude so far," I said.

     I stood up and walked back to the counter with Victor as he put my order in a box.

     Cameron came through the doors at that moment. He looked at me and walked over. He took the box as Victor handed it over.

     "Thank you," Cameron said in his British accent.

     We walked out the restaurant and started laughing together as we got into his black convertable.