Chapter 25: I thought I Had You

Start from the beginning

"Kay are you okay" Alex quickly rushed to her side.

"Y-yeah. Just got light headed that's all" Kaylee stood up straight once more shaking off that uneasy feeling and leaving the dressing room. Alex turned to the set crew who were with Kaylee the entire time helping her get ready.

"Do you guys know if Kaylee ate today... or slept" Alex asked.

"No, they brought her food but she said she wasn't hungry. She was going over the scrip the entire time" one of the guys in make up looked up from where he was sitting.

"She didn't even take a power nap either. As soon as she finished the first scene of the day she began to prepare for the next one. She looked like a complete mess when she got here let me just tell you. Bags and dark circles under her eyes. The walking dead movement with every step. Is Kaylee okay." The other make up artist asked concerned. He had worked with Kaylee for 3 years now and he had never seen the super star this drained.

"She hasn't ate or slept all day are you sure" Alex asked once more.

"Alexia honey we've been with her the entire day and I can honestly say okay that Kaylee hasn't touched her food or had a wink of sleep. Aren't you the one who is always watching over her" one of the wardrobe assistants chimes in.

"I've been a little busy with a couple of task kaylee had ask me to do." Alex ran her fingers through her hair. She didn't know what it was but even she was starting to feel drained. Even though she had been eating it was the lack of sleep for Alex. "What do I do?" Alex genuinely asked her friends.

Kaylee hadn't been feeling well the entire day yet she still managed to wrap things up on set. Kaylee checked her phone once more looking over through her and Danielle messages. It looked like nothing but one worded conversation with different time stamps. It all started a few weeks ago. A couple weeks ago everything was fine. But now it felt like they were just friends who barley talked. One sided conversations. Kaylee read her messages from the very beginning laughing and smiling at their conversation they use to have.

Kaylee hovered her finger over Danielle contact info. It was the first time she had contemplated whether or not to call her girlfriend. She decided to try once more and Hope they can at least talk even if it was just for one minute. She clicked on the face time icon and waited for the call to connect. Each ring made kaylees heart race faster. Her body felt hot and her anxiety was now hitting a max.

Once she saw the call connecting she felt a weight off her shoulders. "Hello" Kaylee saw her girlfriend laughing and smiling as she answered the phone. Kaylee almost slapped the earphones off her ears when she was hit with loud noise. The noise was louder than normal. Laughter, music, dancing people. Kaylee could see it all. She was at a house party. Filled with people with drinks in hand.

"Hey" Kaylee said unsure of what was an appropriate volume for her voice.

"Hey babe what's up" Danielle smiled. The atmosphere in both locations were so different. While Danielle was filled with warmth and fun, Kaylee felt cold and alone and for once the sight of her girlfriend didn't comfort her. It just made her feel worse. She noticed Danielle maintaining conversation with the people next to her. Kaylee didn't know whether to switch the camera so they wouldn't see her or leave it as is. But she noticed no one was paying attention. Not even Danielle.

"I just got done shooting I thought maybe we could talk. You know it's been a couple of months and we haven't spoken" Kaylee softly said hoping the music from the party was loud enough to mask those emotions in Kaylees throat. Danielle turned her attention to the screen once more.

"Yeah, I've been really busy and you know you have your own thing going but we can still talk" Danielle took her phone deciding to go somewhere quiet. However Danielle was stopped by a few of her friends. The girls were laughing trying to talk to the girl but whatever they were laughing about was to much to maintain a conversation. Finally they settled down taking a few deep breaths.