He was seated like a king in a storybook, Ventura thought. His throne was gold with jewel encrusted detailing, the cushion was red velvet. Surrounding him were various men and women, all well into middle age and sitting in less lavish seating.

"Welcome to Hogwarts! We are proud to welcome you fine individuals, and hope your travels went accordingly." The bearded man stood up, he didn't yell but his voice boomed across the hall.

"I am headmaster Dumbledore, and the individuals surrounding me will be your future teachers and head of house." He nodded towards the men and women seated.

"I would like to commemorate what an honor it is for Hogwarts to bestow upon you an opportunity of education and discipline that will last you all a lifetime. This honor couldn't have been possible without our Professor Omer Sparks incredible research and passion for the need that inflicts your communities.

"We will be beginning the sorting ceremony, a tradition here at Hogwarts that will decipher your most prominent characteristics- Brave Gryffindor, Cunning Slytherin, Loyal Hufflepuff and Clever Ravenclaw. Once you hear your name called by Professor Mcgonagal please come to the front of the room at once to allow the sorting hat to choose your house."

He nodded his head towards a wiry, scarecrow like woman with large eyes and a thin mouth. She didn't smile, instead she held her chin out high as her eyes lowered down to scroll she held with both hands. In loud pronunciation she called out the first name.

"Reef Gimmons."

Reef was a small boy, of only twelve. He must have been the youngest to have parted, perhaps his parents wished for him to gain some bit of education. But regardless, he eagerly hopped up from the table and made his way to the front to not only find out what house he was to be placed in- but to set an example for his fellow nomads.

Professor Mcgonagal gestured towards a stool which sat in the middle of the front of the path. He did so, and she brought up a dusty looking worn out hat. Once it was placed onto his head, the hat began to speak much to the amusement of the group.

"Gryffindor!"

The group began to laugh at the oddity of a talking hat. Their giggles confused the professors, but nonetheless it eased the tension. Everyone now wanted the hat to speak for them.

"I bet you're going to be Gryffindor."

Ventura looked away as Diamond Bay, a small blonde haired girl approached the sorting hat. The boy who spoke was broad shouldered, tan with dirty sun bleached hair. She knew him from the communes growing up, though they seldom found themselves in the same place as she had with Ginger.

Carmine.

"You're as stupid brave as they get."

"Adrenaline junkie and bravery aren't the same- once reckless the other has purpose." She said smiling lightly.

"You don't have purpose?" He was teasing her. Ventura's dumb attention seeking escapades were legendary, the length at which she'd pull her acts were and how far she'd push the boundaries were infamous.

"Never." She said before turning her attention back to the front.

She had yet to hear one deviation from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Though she hadn't given much thought into what house she preferred, by the time her name was called she knew she did not want Slytherin.

As she went to make her way up, Carmine slapped her back assuringly. She strode to the front of the room and sat on the hard stool as those before her had.

As Mcgonagal raised the hat over her head she began to envision herself as a Gryffindor- no, she most certainly had to be a Gryffindor. Her bravery was the most prominent trait about her, what else-