CHAPTER 2

Soon, I got more and more used to life at Mystic Falls. After that awful first day, i made a few friends but i was probably closest to Josie and her sister, Lizzie. Lizzie was... different to Josie. She had that sarcastic, bitchy best friend vibe, whereas Josie was the friend that talked to you seriously. We had a good dynamic, Lizzie, Josie, Nick and me. I liked Nick, he was funny and seemed like a nice guy, not to mention that he treated Josie great.

Speaking of love, Ethan asked me where the flapjacks were at lunch. Not great, but at least it's progress? Since coming to the school, i've learnt some more about him. He's in the year above me, he gets straight As, and he's currently just broken up with Alyssa Chang, the most popular girl in school. Apparently he's heartbroken, while she seems to be doing fine.

"Hey Hope!" Josie walked up to my locker, Nick on her hand.

"Hey Hope!" I heard Lizzie say from behind me.

"Hey Lizzie, why aren't you with Jo?" I asked, considering that they usually walk to school together.

"Josie wanted to walk with stupid Nick." Nick chuckled as Josie playfully punched Lizzie on the arm. "Ugh why don't I have a boyfriend yet. I'm definitely hot enough, and i'm not exactly against having sex." Lizzie moaned, fluffing her hair as a Colin from the football team walked by. "Do you think Colin would go for me? I guess he's kinda cute..." She said with a strong undertone of disgust.

"Lizzie c'mon, you can't date him just because you want a boyfriend." I reprimanded, taking her arm in mine and starting to pull her along to Chemistry.

"Why not!" She huffed. I looked at her, eyebrows raised. "Fine. I won't go for Colin. I hate you, did you know that." She glared at me, trying to hide the smile on her mouth.

"Come on Saltzman, we're gonna be late for Chem." I laughed, dragging her by the hand.

"Josie, you coming?" I shouted.

"Yeah wait up!" Josie yelled back. She gave Nick a quick kiss before saying bye and running up to us.

"What did i miss?" She asked, linking her arm on mine. We ran to the lab hand in hand, sliding into our seats after a quick telling off about our lateness from Mrs Todd.

"Ok guys, today we're gonna be finishing off Molecular Structure. As your final assignment on it, i would like you to do group projects. These are gonna count for a large chunk of your grade, so your gonna be spending a lot of time on it. I've assigned pairs, so i'm gonna start giving those out now. Lizzie, you're with Raf. Josie, you can go with Alyssa. Hope... how about Ethan." My heart stopped beating in my chest. Did she just say... Ethan? As in Ethan Fell? My crush Ethan Fell?

I drowned out every other word she said, until it was finally lunch time. Ethan walked up to me, combing his thick mane of wavy hair through with his fingers as i packed up.

"Mikaelson, i guess we're partners. I'm free on Wednesday after school, you down to start then?" He asked.

"Sure I mean that sounds great!" I stammered over enthusiastically. that sounds great? What was i even saying?

"Cool" He nodded. "See you then." He smiled briefly before walking back to Colin and the rest of his friends. Internally, i was shrieking. Outwardly, i stood, rooted to the spot.

Lizzie walked up from behind, grabbing my arm and linking it in hers as she skipped along the hallway.

"Can you believe it? I got paired with Raf! He's so out of my league but i'm SURE i can make him fall in love with me by the end of the project. He's so hot ugh. Also, you getting paired with Ethan? Fate wants us to have hot boyfriends." She grinned. I laughed in response, still nervous about the upcoming project. I know everything about Molecular Structure, I could do it in my sleep. But boys? No clue.