Chapter Two

I sat perfectly still, with pain weighing on my shoulders, and the humming sound of classmates. The air felt dry and thin, the walls seemed to cave in the more I sat there. Realizing that I completely blanked out, I tried to regain focus. The teacher was staring right at me, I started to write.

"Ms. Trinket," I jumped a little realizing she said my last name. My eyes meet with hers, I was intimidated to speak. Only, as soon as I opened my mouth she spoke. "...are you working or are you day dreaming, I simply can't tell the difference!"

"Sorry Mrs. Fuscow," I looked at my paper, then her. I needed to go, I needed  a break from the test.  Her wrinkles tightened up, and then relaxed when I spoke."May I go to the ladies room?"

"Well, yes!" Her voice rasp, as she stood swaying her hands back and forth as if she'd been mental. I quietly got up. "If you simply have to that is.."

"I have to." I stood in silence for a millisecond longer then I feel was needed.

I walked to the bathroom, which was dark, and silent. The only thing you could hear was the noise of the dripping water from the sink.

I walked to the mirror. Looking in it, my eyes meet up with a slightly tall girl, with blonde mixed with brown hair. She had blue, grayish eyes and shredded clothes. Her right sleeve was slightly torn, and almost everything she wore was black. She wore a necklace with a cross on it, and a pierced nose. Her skin as delicate as cotton candy.

Her eyes as dark as they could get, and when she spoke, you could hear her cries for help. She was dismal, weak, afraid.

She was me.

                                                                                     * * * *

I had managed to pass through all my classes without saying a word to the teacher.

On my way to my locker, I saw a group of girls, giggling to whispers throughout the group. One of the girls acted towards me. But without even noticing what she was pointing at, I tripped over someone's bag, and fell.

Uh-oh.

"Are you okay?" A voice said. I looked over, he had grayish green eyes, that were unable to not look at. If I stared too long, I might have honestly lost my sense of focus.

I felt a hand on my back. It was gentle, yet hardly touched, yet felt like I melted inside.

"Yeah, I'm okay, sorry about th-" I was rudely interrupted, wanting to finish but how could I. When a beautiful creature was standing right infront of me. I was sitting there unable to collect myself and knock sense into my head.

"No need to apologize, Scarlett, is it?" He helped me up, and got my books and what I thought may actually have been the most important book in my presence.

"Yes, it is." Without noticing it, the ends of my mouth went up, as if I were actually smiling. Me, smile? Really, please! I could never, I had nothing to smile about.

Scarlett Trinket smiled! 

Without even thinking about the girls staring at me, I hurried and took the book from his hand. Not wanting him to notice how rushed I was.

"Are you going somewhere?" He noticed. Great. He smiled and gave me a squint.

But it wasn't your normal, "I Can't See When Bright Lights Are In Front Of Me" squint. It was a different kind of squint, out of curiosity, and pleasure. I didn't answer him but soon caught up.

"Yeah, sorry, I am actually." I smiled back. "Got to go, bye" I picked up my bag and started to my locker.

"See you around, Scarlette!" He waved to me, but I wasn't able to wave back with all the stuff in my hand.

Just when I unlock my locker, I notice I never actually knew his name, nor do I know how he knows my name. Strange.