she hummed underneath him, her pretty orbs still focused on the air around them, "interesting, you aren't very observant then cause those girls over there have been staring at you for a solid eight minutes now."

"are you timing them?" the freckled faced boy chuckled, his eyes never peering away from it's fixated gaze on her to see who she referring to.

the brunette shifted slightly, propping her chin up on his chest to watch him carefully. she was looked envious at first, yet those intense honey pools relaxed once she met his kind orbs. "its a logical guess."

"protective lil sweet. i don't know why they're staring but apparently you aren't very observant either cause then you would have noticed that i've only been paying attention to you this entire time."

the comment caused the small girl to blush, her tone struggling to stay serious as she pointed out, "it's cause your cute and young. plus you have a lot of money."

the writer was quiet for a spilt second, his hand snaking up her side and into her hair to twist one of his fingers into the tiny piece of ribbon she had tied loosely around the top half of her honey ways. he liked when she wore her hair like this. it made her look like she had walked straight out of a greek cathedral, the absolute prettiest goddess to walk this earth.

"you think i'm cute" he finally my stated, his lips upturning into the smallest smirk.

the artist rolled her eyes dramatically, her head tilting to the side so her cheek could fall against his chest again, "oh, that can't be all you got from that."

"youuu think i'm cute." the lanky boy teased, his voice drawn out in a playfully sarcastic tone, "that's the first time you've admitted that sober. does that mean you're gonna call me mikey again?"

"i have never called you that." the brunette instantly sat up at the accusation, her palms pressing against his ribs before clutching the fabric and leaning forward slightly. she was squinting, her eyes studying each of his perfectly sculpted features as a shy smile started to appear across her mouth.

she was so pretty, he couldn't help but to smile back at her.

yet the raven haired boy still shook his head, his curls bouncing and dispersing lazily across his forehead before he gestured to his bag next to him in a proud manner, "ahhh but i could pull out the bottle of champagne i snuck into this trusty backpack and get you to say it again."

he was expecting her to object, to push him playfully and curse him for being so mysterious and secretive. though instead, those kaleidoscopes simply shifted again, the intrigued wavelengths laced within in her voice causing his heart to flip out of pure adoration, "... champagne?"

"is that your way of telling me you like some?" mike chuckled, watching as his question made her bite her bottom lip intently. he tapped her spine lightly, signaling her to lean back a bit so he could sit up and grab his bag.

and when he was just about to pull the bottle out of his backpack, he felt her chin press into the dip in his shoulder, her arms wrapping against his frame protectively. she was gentle and so quiet, her breath ticking the shell of his ear as she whispered, "why did you bring champagne?"

"to celebrate." the writer simply answered, trying his best to control his heart rate as he handed her a red solo cup that he had also stashed in his bag for drinking purposes. honestly, the concept of drinking champagne out of plastic cups in the middle of central park was incredibly cheesy.