Chapter 1: Quirkless

Izukus POV

"Can someone without a Quirk be like you?"

This is it, if he believes that I can be a hero then I cant give up yet. If the symbol of peace, the number 1 hero believes that I can be a hero then its possible.

"Sorry kid, quirkless people cant do anything in this world beside being a burden to this society. What can someone without a power do in a world where having abilities is the norm? Nothing. Absolutly nothing. Completely useless to society. Honestly I cant wait for quirkless people to die out so heroes have one thing less to worry about. Anyways, see you kid."

And he jumped off, leaving me alone on the rooftop, with the veiw of the city that did nothing but torment me with something I cant control.

Oddly enough I wasnt crying. I wasnt screeming in pain either, I just felt empty. Its like all my strength left my body leaving nothing but an empty shell

The words of my hero kept echoing in my head like a broken record

Burden... useless... die...burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die... burden... useless... die...

I pulled out my phone out of my pocket, imedietly went to contacts and called the one of the few people who I have their numbers saved in my phone.

In just 2 rings he answered

"Hey, kacchan..."

"What is it zuzu? Did someone hurt you again? Who was it? Just tell me the name and I'll blast them to the sun."

"No, I was actually saved by All might from a villain attack. Can you believe it?"

"Are you alright? Were you hurt? What did you say to All Might?"

"I asked All might if someone without a Quirk be like him."

"What did he say?"

"Quirkless people cant do anything in this world...Completely useless to society."

"You know thats not-"

"Cant wait for quirkless people to die out so heroes have one thing less to worry about."

"Zuzu I-"

"Honestly I think hes right. A quirkless person like me should do heroes a favor and die."

"TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW!"

"Im sorry kacchan, I know I promised that I was going to your partner. But just like what All might said, I cant be a hero."

"STOP SAYING THOSE STUPID SHIT! YOU PROMISED THAT YOU WILL BE MY PARTNER SO DONT GO BAILING OUT ON BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO WHAT A NARCISSISTIC BASTARD SAYS!"

"I tried kacchan. I really did. But no matter what I do nobody believes that I can be a hero. Not even the symbol of piece. Ever since the quirk doctor said I was quirkless I knew that my dream wouldnt come true.
But everyday I would lie to myself and tell myself that it was possible. Fake it till you make it, is what I thought.
Im tired kacchan, tired of always trying to prove myself to people who cant look past quirks and see me as a person. I have to live through hell, bullied by everyone everywhere I went, having teachers discredit my hard work, having to watch my mother disappointed in me for failing, see her cry everytime I leave the house because the love her life left because she gave birth to a quirkless child,
Have your dreams crushed everyday JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A FUCKING EXTRA JOINTS ON MY FEET!
This society values quirks above all and as a person without one I am nothing but a waste of space. All I can do now is do the world a favor by giving up my small corner of the world.
I remember when I wanted to be a hero that saves people with a smile. But at this point I dont know if I can ever smile again..."

"ZUZU WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Before I go I need to tell you something."

"Youre not going anywhere until I say so! Youre not pulling this shit on me, got it shitty brocolli?!"

"Kacchan, I love you."

I put my phone down, not ending the call. I took one last look at the city that tormented me since I was 5.

Im only one step to the edge of the building. I could hear Kacchan yelling profanities through the phone even though it wasnt on speaker. I fell in love with a loud mouth I guess.

I took a deep breath. Looks like the sun is setting. To think this is the last thing I'm going to see, I guess the world isnt so cruel after all.

Im sorry mom, dad, kacchan this is goodbye.

I stepped off the building. And then everything went black.