"I'll worry about me just cover for me. Thanks for being a good friend," Mei said then left with Gerard's bodyguard. At this moment she knew her life would change for the better.

....

It had been a month since Gerard had invited Mei to his home and treated her to a surprise lunch. She was excited to have the food she would normally serve to others at her other job being served to her. She loved the princess treatment she was receiving.  Gerard had given her permission to ask the staff at his house for whatever she wanted. Afterward, Mei had stayed with Gerard the remainder of the day and he never once did anything inappropriate with her. He showered her with gifts and made her feel like someone important.

Mei currently sat in his home trying on some of the jewelry and clothes he had given her. She stayed at his home more than her own preferring the sight of his house. Mei had also quit her job after Gerard started to give her money and more gifts. Times had truly changed for her.

"Get me a glass of wine," She told a maid who was placed to fulfill her requests.

Mei and Gerard were fooling around for a month but no one in his social life knew about it.  Yumi was the only one of her friends who had an idea about it. The employees in his home didn't care to remember much about her because they knew she would be gone soon.

They wondered for long would she be living in this luxury until someone else took the spot. Everyone knew Gerard Walker would not settle down with just anyone. His grandfather would not allow it.

Suddenly there was a loud crash which came from the first floor. Mei quickly left the dressing room she was in to see who broke something in Gerard's home. Upon reaching the stairs which would lead to the first floor she noticed Gerard was on the ground seemingly gasping for air. "Gerard!" She yelled worried for him. He was surrounded by the glass from a glass statue that broke. 

Mei ran down the stairs hoping to help Gerard and figure out what happened to him but Cedric, his butler, beat her to it. She watched as he lifted a pale Gerard into his arms. "W-whats wrong with him? Why did he pass out?"

"That information is not for you," Cedric responded then took Gerard to his room to treat him. He was used to this happening when Gerard overworked himself more than his body could handle.

Mei wanted to know. She had a right to know! She and Gerard were together. Was he sick?  What on earth was happening? He didn't seem like the man she first saw at the coffee house right now. She wished Cedric would tell her more about the situation but she knew he wouldn't give her the answer unless Gerard gave him the order. 

"Dammit."

She was extremely worried about him now. How do they expect her to walk away and ignore this? He could yell at me later, she thought.

Mei walked in the direction of the bedroom where Cedric would've taken Gerard. She opened the door and immediately noticed the angry expression on Cedric's face but she didn't care about that now. 

"Gerard!" She called for the man who was kind of awake. "A-Are you okay? What happened?"

"I told you-"

"It's fine Ceddy. Let her stay," Gerard interrupted Ceddy. He didn't mind her being here. Seeing how worried and shocked she was since she never knew he was sick, it was best to just let her stay here.

Mei smiled weakly taking his hand.  She never thought she would ever see him like this. Mei had always pictured him as such a powerful man and seeing him like this hurt her. She watched silently as Cedric gave Gerard his medicine as the doctor instructed.

....

Mei threw her phone on the marble floor in Gerard's home, shattering the screen. She took deep breaths trying to calm herself down but her body shook with anger at the information she found out about Gerard. Why did she fall in love with someone like him?

She screamed taking her hairbrush and throwing it at a mirror. Gerard was nothing but a goddam liar and a deceiver. Mei pushed the products off the vanity remembering the text and photo Yumi sent her.

Your lover boy was at the club on a date.

[Photo] - Yumi

Why the hell was he out with someone while she was here? He never introduced her to anyone. He kept her here in his house. All this time she was waiting to meet his family, thinking he loved her because of the affection he showed after she found out he was sick. But yet he was out with another woman?  Mei noticed the designer clothes the woman had on in the photo.

"I could dress up like that too," She said through gritted teeth.

"Are you going to pay for that?" Gerard questioned seeing the mess she made in his bedroom. Why was she throwing a tantrum?

Mei took another deep breath before turning to Gerard. "You bastard! You were out with someone!"

Gerard casually took a seat on the bed. "My grandfather tried setting me up so I went. I didn't have a choice."

"I'm your choice. Me!" Mei angrily said pointing to herself. "Publicly announce me as your girlfriend and your grandfather would stop. We've been together for ten months Gerard."

"And?" Gerard answered confused as though them being together for ten months was nothing. 

Mei felt as though something struck her. "And? And Gerard? Has this whole time meant nothing to you?  You said you loved me."

"When did I say that?"

"Gerard!" Mei whined, wishing he would stop acting like this. Why was he denying their relationship? She felt tears escape her eyes. 

"You came here to be showered with money and in return, I didn't have to drive too far to find someone to sleep with. We both have something we want from each other but it is not love Mei. Don't forget that," Gerard warned her. He no longer felt like being with her tonight and decided to sleep in a guest room while someone cleaned up the mess in here. He left Mei in complete and utter disbelief.

A/N: There's still more to Gerard and Mei that will be explained later on. It's still Thursday for me. Our time zones are really different so this might be up when it's Friday for some users.  I didn't miss the update or I'm not late.

Side note. Consistent update for Innocent Romance YAY!!

Updating Next Thursday.

Our lives tomorrow.

IG: violet_167ff