48) Each time you fall in love

Beginne am Anfang

"Thank you" she smiled, complimenting them on their clothes too. "I hope Noah isn't around anywhere" she mumbled quietly to Neville.

He frowned, "I did actually see him on the other end of the garden, may want to keep away from there" he muttered back. Neville was familiar with her divorce from Noah and had been very kind and helpful to her all along.

The last thing Adrienne wanted was to bump into Noah. The only reason she was at the party was because she was doing Draco a favour, he wanted her there. Her gaze nervously flitted amongst people, her fingers wrapped tightly around a flute of champagne. Suddenly, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder,

"I love your dress, it reminds me of the flowers in my backyard!" a soft, dreamy voice filled Adrienne's ears. She turned around to be met with a young woman, slightly shorter than her, platinum blonde locks flowing down to her waist. Her eyes had a dazed off look and she wore a flower crown on her head. Actually, it looked more like a crown made of dead leaves and seeds.

"Luna Lovegood, I saw you from across the garden and I knew I had to tell you about how lovely I think your dress is" she smiled. Adrienne gazed at her, she seemed quite nice "Hello Luna, I'm Adrienne Ellis" she extended her hand in a handshake but Luna gave her a hug instead, taking Adrienne by surprise.

"I know, we went to Hogwarts together. You were two years above me"

"I'm sorry I can't seem to place you, are you here with anyone else?" Adrienne asked.

"I'm with my friends, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas. Do you know them?" Luna questioned and Adrienne nodded excitedly. Seamus and Dean were a couple of Gryffindors who she had helped a long time ago when they were both failing Care of Magical Creatures.

While Luna continued to talk to Adrienne, she noticed a familiar man with blonde hair, holding a glass of wine in his hand as he chatted with a few other men. "Crap" Adrienne muttered to herself. "Anything the matter?" Luna asked, confused.

"That man there is my ex-husband, I really don't want him to see me" Adrienne mumbled, but unfortunately, it was too late. Noah had already spotted her and his lips had turned down in a frown. He whispered something to the man he was talking to before making his way over to Adrienne.

"Adrienne" he smiled stiffly, "Haven't seen you in a while" he spoke as if they hadn't just ended on very bad terms. "That's because we don't live together anymore, Noah" Adrienne replied.

"I'm Luna, you must be Adrienne's ex-husband" Luna gave him a hug too. Noah stood their awkwardly, wine of glass still in his hand "Okay...um, can you excuse us Luna? I would like to speak to Adrienne"

Luna nodded, bidding goodbye to the both of them before heading away and disappearing into the crowds. "What do you want Noah?" Adrienne asked, crossing her arms.

"Just wondering how you had the nerve to turn up at a party where everyone hates you" he said, sipping from his glass of wine. "What do you mean?" Adrienne asked.

"Look around you, have any of them except that...strange girl...made the effort to come up and talk to you? They haven't have they? It's because the gossip about you has been wild Adrienne"

For a moment, she felt a pang in her chest. But then she realised who she was talking to and she looked up at him with a bold expression on her face,

"Indulging in gossip, Noah? I knew you were boring in bed but I would've expected something more from you otherwise" she shot back. She didn't know where she found the courage to say those words but Noah's surprised reaction satisfied her.

"Fuck you Adrienne" he muttered under his breath.

"No need for that, I'm doing just fine on my own" she spat before turning around on her heel and leaving him standing baffled in the middle of the garden. Internally, she facepalmed at her immature reply but she knew it made Noah mad so she let it slide.