"I don't have to answer you!"

"You wanna bet?" The canisters on my wrists started to give off a soft purr. I thought I was finally getting somewhere until a huge force hurled me out of the van. I landed on someone's front lawn, and slowly started to get up. I noticed Peter wasn't attached to the back of the van anymore. I quickly whipped my head around trying to find him when I felt something pull me off the ground and I was roughly gliding through the air, I looked to see a red mask staring forward. "Impeccable timing."

"Well you know I hate being tar-'' One of Peter's webs attached to a treehouse, it couldn't hold our body weight so it fell out of the tree when we flung off of it. We continued to have problems in the new terrain. The ground was lower than what he was used to and trees aren't the most reliable. We had a bumpy started but we kept running and swinging our way to the van. Finally, we had visuals, we were jumping over rooftops and we were about to leap onto the van again. Something grabbed me in mid-air and prevented me from jumping. I thought Peter had webbed me until I glanced above my head. A huge bird with big green eyes had its claw wrapped around my waist, Peter had started screaming and was flailing around trying to get free. We kept soaring higher and higher, I kept a close look at the creature.

"FRIDAY are you seeing this?" I spoke.

"Yes I am Ms. Stark."

"Well, what is it?" I asked.

"I'm getting heat signatures from the abdomen but not the wings nor claws. It seems to be a suit," A suit. Suit. Oh no, suit! Peter's suit we programmed it to-

"AHHHHHH" I looked over to the other claw and Peter wasn't hanging from it anymore. Instead, an automatic parachute had gone off, and due to the awkward angle he was hanging from it wasn't effective. I shot The Bird-Guy with a laser and in shock, it let go of me sending me flying down to the water.

"AHHHHHH FRIDAY NOW WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD TIME TO HELP ME-" and suddenly I was lifted in a gust and slowly started lowering towards the water. "Thanks, do you see heat signatures anywhere?" I asked, in a desperate attempt to make sure the bird thing had gone and to make sure my partner was alright.

"I'm picking up motion going towards Peter's landing spot, would you like me to check that out?"

"Yes." She pulled up a live video of something plunging into the water and pulling Peter out and then it headed towards me. "It seems to be Mr. Stark." Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no. I'm dead meat, might as well write up my will. Dammit dammit dammit this is the end of my possible Avenging.

"Hey there kiddo, got time to chat?" The Tin-Man asked condescendingly, a cold and wet teenager in his arms.

***

"And- and then he just swooped down like a monster and he picked us up he took us up like-"

"A THOUSAND FEET!" I burst out.

"Yeah, how'd you find us? Did you put a tracker in my suit or something?"

"I put everything in your suit, including this heater." Steam started to come off of Peter and his shivering appearance began to loosen up. I envied him, I wanted that heat, I'm cold Goddamit. Memo to file: Put heater in suit. I was only slightly resenting him a bit and chills ran through all my body and my teeth started chattering a bit.

"Y/N if you're cold you can sit closer to me I don't care."

"Oh, I don't know-"

"Come on, my treat."

"Oh no I couldn- well if you insist." I scooted closer and leaned on to his shoulder and he hugged me surrounding me in warmth.

"Bleck, teenagers." Dad shuddered, "Now what were you two thinking?"

"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the weapons I gotta- I mean- we gotta take him down."

"Take him down now, huh? Steady, croc, there are people who handle this sort of thing."

"The Avengers?"

"No no no, just a little below there. Pay grade."

"Anyway, Mr. Stark, you didn't have to come all the way out here. I had that, I was fine." Must I remind you who got face-to-face with one of the guys?

"He's not here," I said, Peter looked at me and then back at the empty suit, the mask lifted to show that there was no one bodying it.

"Look, forget the flying vulture guy, please."

"Why?!" Peter and I shouted.

"Why? Because I said so!" The suit yelled at us. And then we heard some mumbling, "Stay close to the ground, build up your game, helping the little people. Like that lady that bought you a churro. Can't you be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and Co?"

"Someone bought you a churro? And what do you mean, 'and Co'?" They didn't seem to pay any mind to me.

"But I'm ready for more than that now!" No, you're not.

"No, you're not."

"That is not what you thought when I took on Captain America!" The mention of Cap's name made me shiver again, "Are you still cold?" I shook my head and continued to listen to the bodiless suit.

"Trust me, kid, if Cap wanted to lay you out he would've." Oh, so he can talk to Peter about the others more than once but not me? Holy, that was self-centered. I need to control my thoughts. God, I'm such a mess. What the hell is going on with my self-esteem tonight? I jumped down from the jungle gym we were sitting on and started walking away. I didn't wanna hear the rest of the conversation. It wasn't involving me so might as well not get into it. I heard the suit fly off and Peter and I were left there in our thoughts.

***

"Yeah, I'm sorry man," Peter spoke into the phone, "No but I know that wasn't cool of me. Yeah, yeah ok. Bye Ned, see you Monday." He hung up the phone then turned back to me. "He said we might as well not go back to the party." I was relieved by this, in all honesty, parties weren't my thing. That excludes those classy events my dad has me go to sometimes, I like those, the adults there always seem to be genuinely interested in what I've been up to. But the ragers? Everyones too busy trying to hit on me or get on my good side so I give them money.

"Yeah, I called Pepper but I think she's asleep, and Happy doesn't know about my superhero thing." I said we were standing in a grassy area of the playground, this neighborhood was so eerie, it's nothing like the city. I didn't like it, it was too quiet.

"Well maybe you can just stay over and-" He poked his head out to the side, looking behind me. "What is that?" I looked over my shoulder and saw a dim purple light coming from the bushes. We both approached it with caution. The light was surrounded by machinery and wires, it probably had flown off one of the blasters.

"FRIDAY-"

"On it." The AI scanned it through the visor of my mask. "I found a match."

"There's a match," I told Peter.

"Well? What is it?" He asked hurriedly.

"FRIDAY?"

"It's a piece from the attack on New York a few years ago. It seems to be a Chitauri gem, one of the powerers of the transportation devices used by the extraterrestrials."

"Come on, what is it?" Peter pressed.

"Parker, we've got ourselves a lead."

A/N; Ayo how's it hanging? holy heck that was cringe. Ok, so I have a lot of school work recently so ch 15 is going pushed back a tad. Also, me and my editor @ripplesonwater are thinking of making this into a trilogy, we have already planned out the storyboard, and everything.