𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

We kicked off the floor, slowly gravitating higher in the air- the night was cold and dark yet Draco made me feel safe and warm as he held my hand from his broom. The wind swept through his platinum blonde hair, making it sit across his face delicately, a smile sat upon his face permanently as he rode his broom with grace. "I forgot how good this felt, it's like up here- i've nothing to worry about", he laughed happily as he zoomed over the black lake, slowly lowering himself- he dipped his hand in as he sped along, getting a view of the Merpeople.

I never wanted this too end, i wanted to stay up here- flying on our brooms together. As we was flying over the dark forest, it crossed my mind how easy it would be to just fly away into the night, just leave Hogwarts but all that was stopping us was that mark on Draco's arm.

We'd both forgotten how much we loved riding our brooms and we'd do anything to play one last Quidditch game, as we lowered closer to the ground, we reminisced on old games and it was weird to remember how much we use to hate each-other.

"You fucking idiot, you clearly saw that bloody bludger coming at my head and you just sat there happily on your broom, letting it happen", i shouted as i threw my broom against the wall.

"Cheer up Potter, it's not like i threw it at you- but there's an idea", he laughed as he got up in my face- smirking at me evilly. "Don't worry darling, there's always next time".

"You're such an arrogant sod, hearing darling come out of your mouth makes me retch, i hate you Malfoy", i said rolling my eyes.

"Oh DARLING, you love me really", he smiled before removing his quidditch kit in-front of me causing me to get all flustered as he stood nearly naked before me. "Close your mouth babes, you're dribbling a little".

"See i knew you loved me...darling", he laughed stupidly.

"You're still an arrogant sod though but yes Draco, i do love you", i smiled.

We finally lowered completely to the ground, as we hopped off our brooms, Draco stopped in his tracks and grabbed my hands pulling them close to his heart. He looked directly into my eyes as he smiled deeply but i could see he was nervous and giggled slightly.

"Lexi my love, i just want to say that-

Before he could even finish his sentence, he abruptly let go of my hands and dropped to the floor, his face screwed up in pain as he grasped hold of his arm- where the mark sat.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck- it's burning, it's burning so bad", Draco whined in pain.

I grabbed hold of him as i dropped to the floor, i watched his face turn from pure happiness to pain and misery. "Draco, what can i do to help you? shit- has it burned like this before", i panicked as i held him close to me.

"No- not since i actually got the mark, it's never done this and i don't know what it means Lexi", he whimpered.

He began to cry. He didn't want to, didn't want me to me to see him like this, didn't want me to think less of him. He couldn't help it, i knew that after many years he's bound to explode and let it all out. He felt scared and trapped, like there was so escaping the life he feared so much.

"I'm sorry, i've no reason to cry- i just can't help it, i'm a weak, pathetic idiot", Draco sniffled.

"You're not weak, you've just been fighting for too long", i reassured as i took his hand in mine, holding it tight. "One day Draco, we can run far away and we can be happy- we can live the life you deserve". I kissed his mark softly before returning to a warm embrace.

"We can move someone that's always warm and sunny- we could get a little house near the beach, watch the sunsets as we sit hand in hand, i know how you love watching the sun set", Draco smiled warmly through the pain. "I promise to give you the life you deserve, i never thought i'd become so soppy or cheesy but we can grow old together Lexi".

"We're forever and always, you and me", i said happily and it was the happiest i'd ever truly felt.

"I'm pretty sure it's always and forever but because it's you i'll let you off", he laughed innocently as he pulled me into a warm embrace. "But you're right, you and me..we are forever and always".

"But you literally just said-

"Forever and always- it can be our thing", he smiled brightly before kissing me on top of the head.

🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄

Please Vote, it'd be much appreciated