Chapter 4: A Special Show for a Special Girl

Start from the beginning

"Nope, just in time," you said. Because being late was on time for the likes of Fred and George.

"Brilliant," George said, snatching his gift from under the tree as Fred did the same. Nobody questioned them looking like Seamus after a potion gone wrong, and after Oliver finished reveling over his new Puddlemere United jersey, George eagerly handed Angelina's gift to her.

Your heart skipped, figuring that Fred had gotten you and that you would be last to go. George had stocked a full stocking of sweets from lollipops to taffy for Angelina, all her favorites, as well as copies of pictures they had taken together with us, and a corsage to match with him later that night.

It was finally your turn to open your gift. Fred looked around at anything but you just to annoy you before you pushed his face in fake annoyance and opened the large box he placed into your hands. Aware that everyone was looking at you.

Inside was a large collection of small, cute goodies: a pack of fall-themed lotions and perfumes, a few rings of candy bracelets, a small stuffed hippogriff, two packs of Drooble's best blowing gum, and a note.

"God, I've gotten gunpowder all over my hand," you used this as an excuse to try not to squeal over the gift box he had so elegantly put together, something very unlike Fred, wiping your hand on his shirt, to everyone's laughter once more.

"Read the note," Fred leaned into your ear and whispered, causing your fingers to shake as you reached for it.

"Yes, read it!" A chorus of voices echoed. You felt his arm find its way around you as it always did, thumb rubbing your cheek.

"A special show for a special girl." was all it read. 
You read his handwriting, realizing it was written in the same red ink the parcels had been marked with.

"Look behind you," Fred put on his deeply flirtatious voice, and you turned to see him reaching out to you with one hand extended.

You tried not to blush as everyone looked giddily in amusement and excitement for you, being as used to Fred's antics as you were.

"Where are we going?" You said as Fred took your hand.

"You'll see." Fred motioned at the others still scattered on the ground,

"C'mon, you lot, this is Y/N's Christmas gift, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss it," Fred said with a wink, and everyone did not hesitate to get up and trail excitedly out the common room, Fred and you parading in front as he led you out to the clock tower courtyard.

You remembered the way you had walked there the night before, and though the sun had come up already, the whole sky was still pretty darkened in a hazy gray. Bits of snow lined the edge of the hillside you walked down.

Fred never let go of your hand, and as your group reached the edge of the bridge, to where you could see Hagrid's Hut and the Owlery, Fred placed his other hand against your eyes, almost causing you to roll off the hill from the sudden lack of vision.

He balanced you gently, and whispered to you above the chatter of your friends behind you: "Trust me, love."

You nodded before he continued.

"You're not leading all of us into the Forbidden Forest to die, are you?" You said, still being unable to see but aware you had been walking for a while.

"Physically, no. Emotionally, yes," Fred said, and you bit your lip. Smooth.

He uncovered your eyes, stepped behind you, and you became aware your friends had disappeared. You were standing in a very large clearing you had never seen in the forest, dark shadows cast on every surface.