"Yeah, what a beauty, huh, " he responded, looking at me, a large smile placed on his face. I raised my eyebrows at him, smirking.

"T-the pool. I mean the pool, " he said, turning his gaze to the barely filled pool. I noticed his cheeks, filling with color.

"Yeah, of course, you did, " I responded, walking past him, towards the stairs.

"HEY, wait up, " he called out, catching up to me.

"I'm Daniel, Daniel LaRusso, " he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake.

I looked down at his hand, and then towards the box. "You know, I can't really shake your hand at the moment, though I would love to," I laughed out as he awkwardly slid his hand through his hair, then down to the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly.

"But I'm Angelina, Angelina Perez, " I added, smiling.

"Angelina?" he muttered. "Angelina, I like it, " Daniel spoke up. I slightly shifted my head towards the top of the staircase, hinting that I was gonna start walking once more.

We made our way towards my apartment, I turned over towards him, leaning on the door.

"Well, this is my stop, Daniel, " I said, setting the box down.

"Oh, eighteen? Okay okay, cool. I'm in twenty, " he replied, slightly shaking his head towards the side.

"Cool cool, " I said, turning around, about to open the door before he spoke again.

"Hey, um, there's a party on the beach today. My friend Freddy invited me. I'm sure he'd have no problem with me inviting someone else, considering you're also new, " he said. "I don't know if you'd like to go, but I think you'd enjoy it, we could both meet new people, you know, hang out or whatever."

I thought about it for a second, biting my lip.
"Yeah yeah. I'll go. Let me bring all my stuff up so I can get ready, " I responded, leaning against my door once more.

"Okay, I'll uh, I could come by before I leave," he spoke, "only if you'd  like, of course," he added quickly after.

"Sounds good, " I responded.

"Okay, see you later, " he said walking backwards, giving me a lopsided smile.

"See ya, LaRusso, " I smiled as I opened the door, walking in. I heard him murmur my name a few times, making me smile.

"Hey, who was that?" my mom asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Huh?" I asked, playing dumb, trying to hide my smile.

"The boy, the boy you were talking to, " she said, setting whatever was in her hand down.

"I don't know what you're talking about, " I shrugged, setting the box down on the counter. She let out a hum, silence following afterwards for a good few seconds.

"Okay, okay. Then I guess you don't want to go to the party that you weren't invited to, considering there was no one out there, " she said shrugging.

"Ma, ma. I was jokinggggg, " I responded, opening the box and pulling out some plates.

"Yeah, okay. Well, I'm allowing you to go, if that's what you want to hear, " she smiled. "I remember when I was younger, and all of the parties I went too. I was one wild child, I remember meeting Je-"

I cut her off, cringing. "Yeah, I don't think I wanna know what happened," I spoke, making my way to the door. She let out a "pft" sound, rolling her eyes playfully. "but thanks ma," I finished, opening the door.

"WAIT, was he cute?" she asked, smirking.

"MOM, " I yelled, slightly shutting the door, peeking outside to make sure he was no longer out there.

"Oh, don't be like that," she lightly laughed.

I finally edited this chapter after almost two years, and jesus was it a pain. I had almost entirely edited every single sentence, which took me longer than it actually took to write the chapter, I kept rereading and rereading till I finally gave up lol. I obviously left mostly everything I wrote beforehand on this chapter, simply bc I think it's better to keep writing, especially since I'll be able to reflect on this and future chapters, to allow myself to get better!!!

It's obviously a shorter chapter, but I just had to get the moving part in. Next chapter should have Daniel AND Johnny in it😏 so that's nice iykyk.. anyways, time to write a chapter for both of my others stories, pls pls pls let me know what i could do to enhance my writing skills!! I would be very grateful:)