Love at First Sight

She was the only sophomore in an introductory modern dance class. This class wasn't even intended for Dance Majors and yet there were so many of them taking the class. Nayeon felt a little discouraged. Beginning Modern Dance felt beneath her. Her senior, Lee Ji-eun, tried to lift her spirits. IU told her that if she really wanted to star in Broadway, she should do whatever t took to make herself a better performer.

Her advisors told her she still needed to improve on her dancing and increase her stamina. And if that's what it took for her to be better, that is what she would do. That's why Nayeon signed up for the class that best fit her busy schedule.

Nayeon wasn't completely unsuccessful at her Broadway star dreams. She'd gotten a few gigs here and there. Being a part of the ensemble cast of any Broadway production was an honor all on its own. This made her somewhat well known amongst all the performing arts majors on campus.

When she decided to double major in drama and vocal performance, she knew that realizing her dream would be more doable. She understood that it would probably take her 5 years to complete bot degrees if she planned to work as an actress on the side. Nevertheless, she persisted.

The class began with the instructor telling the students to get ready to perform their audition pieces. Nayeon found herself being called second to the last. She danced to one of her favorite songs and received significant applause from her peers.

Though she only started taking dance classes in college, she was someone who was naturally gifted with the ability to move. The girl who was called after her stood up and gave her a little nod of approval as they switched spots.

Hirai Momo, a 1st year. Nayeon concluded that her name was one she couldn't forget. Something about the girl caught her attention. It wasn't just the fact that Momo was obviously attractive; the girl was clearly very fit.

Perhaps it was her energy. She exuded positivity and it was honestly inviting.

Nayeon was still walking back to her spot when the music started. She found herself immediately captivated by Momo's dancing. The girl was one hell of a dancer. Probably the best one she'd seen. Her eyes were glued on Momo when they should have been paying attention to what was in front of her. With a loud thud, she crashed into one of the mirrors on the side of the room. Momo immediately stopped dancing causing the instructor to cut the music.

"Nayeon, are you okay? Shake it off," the instructor shouts from the front of the room.

"I'm fine! Carry on." She tries to hide the blush that was forming on her cheeks.

Great. She'd just embarrassed herself in front of her juniors — in front of Momo.

She hoped that the rest of class would go smoothly.

At least instructor allowed Momo to restart her performance. This time Nayeon was able to sit and watch it in its entirety. Momo was a very skilled dancer indeed. Everyone applauded as Momo finished her performance. Even the instructor praised her afterwards. Nayeon hoped that Momo would sit near her, but she ended up sitting next to a girl named Seulgi. Nayeon was disappointed to say the least.

Compelled to redeem herself to the younger girl whose performance she'd interrupted, Nayeon spent the rest of the class trying to think of ways she could approach Momo. She wondered if asking the dancer for coffee would be too forward.

The moment class ended, she immediately pulled Momo aside. Momo looked like a terrified freshman which made sense because Nayeon was older than her, and she naturally exuded confidence which loads of people found intimidating.

"Hi, I'm sorry for interrupting your dance earlier. I was honestly jut captivated by you—your dance moves!"

"Oh, it's nothing. Thanks, I guess? I don't think I was that good. I made a few mistakes." Momo looks down and pouts.