She blinked down at him before sighing. "No, sir, I don't."

"Then it's settled," Flitwick quipped. "Miss Granger's already been made aware of the arrangement, so you two ought to figure out times for yourselves. I know you've got a lot on your plate with Quidditch — congratulations on being made Captain, by the way!"

"Thank you, sir," Indiana's lips twitched up at the mention of it. "Well, if that's it then..."

"Yes, yes, that will be all," Flitwick nodded, adjusting the tiny glasses atop his nose. "Do find Miss Granger. And — Miss Jones — help at Hogwarts will always be given to those who ask."

Indiana's lips dropped into a frown as soon as she left the classroom. Nancy had waited outside for her, chewing on a rather strong smelling piece of bubblegum. When she asked what had happened, Indiana explained in a tired voice, her throat catching a bit when she had to tell her about Flitwick's question about her mother's death.

"Granger?" was all Nancy said when Indiana finished. "She's got to tutor you?"

"Yes," Indiana said breathily. "Unfortunately."

Nancy did not say anything for a long moment, her eyes zoning out a bit, before she blinked and said, "Uhm — could be worse. She's — she's alright."

"If Father gets wind of me spending time with a Mudblood, I am dead," Indiana muttered.

"Indiana," Nancy dragged out. "What did we just talk about?"

Indiana looked at her, running her teeth over the insides of her cheeks. "Muggleborn, I mean. Sorry, habit. I've got no real problem with Granger, honestly, but I can't have father find out."

"Better," Nancy's lips curled up. "He won't find out, you're fine. And quit saying that word."

"Sorry, Nance."

The rest of the classes whizzed by faster than usual. Indiana had a challenging time walking through the hallways as normal, especially when every miniature detail of the castle seemed to remind her of the war. Last year's school year had been nothing like she had ever experienced before; the Carrows, although favoriting her due to her being both Pureblood and Slytherin, were still assholes.

Potions dragged on, and although it was her best subject, her focus was off. Perhaps it was because the Glamour Charm on her left forearm hadn't been working correctly, forcing her to wear her sleeves all the way down, or maybe it was the fact that her mind was preoccupied with how in the hell she was supposed to talk to Granger when Weasley and Harry fucking Potter were always with her.

Speaking of which, Potter was a menace at Potions. It came as a shock to Professor Slughorn, especially because the previous year Potter had managed to get to the top of the class. All of his potions had been concocted to perfection, and now he was complete rubbish. It would have been amusing if Indiana hadn't been in such a shit mood.

At the end of class, Indiana kept her eyes set on Granger, who was packing her things and standing beside Weasley and Potter. At her side, Nancy was shoving her own books into her bag, eyes flickering over every second or two.

"Go on," Nancy whispered. "She's intimidating, but she's not unapproachable."

"I know," Indiana snapped. "Oh, fuck it — I'm goin'. Granger!"

All three Gryffindors turned; Weasley immediately looked disgusted as though someone had put something foul smelling under his nose. He even went as far as to grab Granger's hand and pull her behind him slightly.

"What do you want, Jones?" Weasley barked before she had time to speak. Indiana supposed she forgot who she was dealing with, because any bit of awkwardness drained from her and she sneered.