chapter 00

A girl, not far from the age of 13, thrusts her foot into the side of a figure. "Just notice how pathetic you are. You can't even fight back!" The girl screams. Enraged by the fact that she never gets a reaction.

Pathetic, they are just pathetic.

However, something is different about the reaction of that figure. It shifts after taking, full force, a blow from the girl. It then turns over and eyes lock.

Dead, cold, pained eyes meet a mirror. The girl recognizes instantly that the only difference between that figure's expression and hers is the round shape of the victim's eyes.

Shocked in horror, the girl realizes,

She's the pathetic one.

"ARGGHH" I cry in pain. The same dream haunts me every night. Yet the thing is, that dream is sadly reality. I then turn over and rustle the dark (reunion) red sheets of my soft bed and check the time. It turns out to be a little over 6:30 and that's enough to give me some time to get ready I suppose.

School is something that I dread, only due to the fact that my existence is not one overlooked there. I would pay anything to be that quiet, ignored, person. Someone who is seen as a piece of furniture, not a punching bag. But then I realize, who am I to talk. I guess it's just payment for what I've done wrong.

Dressing in the middle school uniform, I brush my long red hair and put contacts in my golden eyes. I then grab a black mask and make sure most of my hair covers my eyes. Adjusting my three fingered gloves, I set out to the place where I won't leave without a bruise.

Before I leave, I glance at the framed photo of my mother, father, brother, and me -the part with my father ripped out respectfully. "I hope one day I'll be able to see you again, Kei."

- - -

"Takami Rei?" the teacher calls out. I hate this part of school, it's like they want to acknowledge my presence. "...here" I squeak quietly, as quietly as I can muster. Glances and glared shoot at me and I shrink deeper into my chair.

"Since it is your third year, everyone must fill out highschool application forms. Please take one and pass it back." The teacher says and hands out stacks of paper to the people in the first rows. By the time it gets to me, the person in front of me seems reluctant to pass it to me then walks over to the desk behind me.

I know I suck, but do you really have to be that petty?

Sooner or later all the papers are handed out except for one.

"Excuse me, there's one paper left over sir." A girl with brown short hair and brown round eyes states. Her round eyes, so familiar to me.

"Oh there is... Who hasn't gotten a sheet yet?" The teacher questions the class. Everyone stares at the apparent elephant in the room. Looking down, I fidget with the hem of my skirt and slowly raise my right hand. The dread and shame seems to radiate off of me.

"I-I haven't... sir"

"Well then, Uraraka-san, please give Takami-san her paper." The teacher calmly asks the girl as if it's the easiest thing in the world. Uraraka seems startled that it's me of all people who needs the paper and quietly shuffles to give it to me. The feeling of guilt weighing heavy on me and I look to the side when she approaches. Feeling confused on how to act, she places the paper on the desk. Turning to go away I muster the small courage left in me and speak.

"...thank you..."

Unless the atmosphere wasn't so quiet, you wouldn't have heard my quiet thanks. She then hums softly as a reply and returns to her seat. As soon as she reaches her desk, people's whispers appear out of nowhere and gossip about the events that just occurred.

"She seriously talked to her?"

"I could never even want to give her the paper. She should have just said 'get it yourself"

"Or maybe if she tried to get it, it might explode!"

"Implode dummy, her quirk is to implode stuff"

"Whatever I don't care, how do you know that anyway?"

"Well before, she used to use her quirk to scare people but I guess she stopped now. Pathetic."

"Yeah really pathetic. "

No names say harsh things about me, to which I ignore to the best of my ability. In another context, I guess you could call me some sort of star. Anyways, I glance down to the paper lying on my desk. Dragging it slowly towards me, I fill out the basic information. I then reach the fork in the road. The question of "What career path do you want to take?" Although I have already thought deeply about my answer, I still feel daunted by the fact of actually writing it in. Taking a deep breath, I am reminded of the promise I made to someone, and myself.

'I will become a better person, through all means necessary'

With that in mind, I slowly grasp my pencil and shade in a square box. Next to it I write two letters.

'U.A'

And with this, my hero academia journey begins.