Holiday Serenade [16]

Start from the beginning

Ashley soon walked over, plopping herself down as she hugged Larry from behind, "Hey! Let me get in on this group hug too, Larbear!", she said, placing her hands on Larry's cheeks as she pinched them playfully. "Even if it's the holidays I still don't like when you guys call me that.", Larry stated with a bit of faint blush on his cheeks, but that only made the group begin loudly chanting, "Larbear, Larbear, Learbear!", at the top of their lungs, much to his annoyance.
• • •
"Thanks again for the lip balm, Ash. It was the perfect gift, I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.", you said with a smile as you gave your brunette friend a hug, the two of you giggling to yourselves. "Heh, I figured you would.", she said with a playful grin and a friendly wink before hopping into the passenger seat of Larry's car, Sal shutting the door for her.

"See ya Ash, drive safe Larry!", Sal said, the two of you waving as the car began to pull out of the parking lot, but as Larry drove off, he rolled down his window and gave the both of you a huge smirk, before shouting, "Good luck, Sallyface! Better not mess up, otherwise that practice would've been all for nothing! See ya later, Y/N!", and with that he sped off, going to drop off Ashley at her place for the night.

Confused, you watched as the car drove into the night before turning to Sal, "Huh? What was that all about? Practice?", you asked, tilting your head. A bit nervous, Sal shrugged his shoulders before quickly changing the subject, "Beats me, guess that's just Larry being Larry. Anyways, let's head back in, Y/N. It's cold out here, and I'd much rather be inside with you drinking some more hot coco.", he said while taking a hold of your hand. You couldn't agree more, "Definitely, let's head back in.", your feet crunched against the thick winter snow as the two of you headed back towards the apartment building.

Once inside you entered the elevator and arrived at your floor, going into Sal's apartment. "Did your dad end up going on that holiday vacation he said he'd take?", you asked, noticing that the coffee pot on the kitchen counter was empty instead of being completely full and piping hot as it usually was.

"Oh, yeah, he left yesterday evening. I must've forgotten to tell you. He offered to take me with him but ehhh, the beach isn't my thing. Staying here with you sounded like the way better option.", hearing him say that made you blush, leaning towards him to plant a kiss on the left cheek of his prosthetic, "You're too cute, especially with that necklace on! I'm so glad I saved up enough to be able to get it for you. Do you like it?", you asked.

He opened up the door to his room, turning to look at you, "Of course I do, Y/N! You put thought into it. You know I love my guitar, and the gift is from you, so the necklace has lots of meaning to it. I love it, Y/N.", he said, placing a hand on your face, gently caressing your soft skin. You felt like you'd melt then and there, the feeling of his warm hand was absolutely heavenly, "I'm so glad you like it, Sal.", you smiled up at him, "So, you want to cuddle up together and watch a movie or something? Maybe go grab some Addison Tea and swing by Rosenburg's to say hi?", you suggested as you sat upon his bed, giving Gizmo some pets.

"Actually...", he rubbed the back of his neck, before going over towards the light switch, flipping it off, leaving the two of you in a completely dark room, "I've got something else planned.". Caught off guard, you couldn't help but giggle, wondering what exactly your boyfriend was up to, "Hey! What gives? Are you gonna scare me by summoning a Christmas spirit or something?", you joked, making Sal laugh, "Not exactly.", he replied.

"Well, what're you-", suddenly, the room was lit up. Blue fairy lights gently shone from where they were carefully placed upon the ceiling of his room, casting an ethereal glow upon the two of you within the room. Completely taken aback, you simply started at the beautiful display before shifting your gaze back towards Sal, who was now holding his electric guitar in hand, his mask off as well. "S-sal...?", you softly whispered.