Chapter 33: Time Flip

Start from the beginning

"It won't be Damian. I'll go. I don't trust-"

"Bruce, let me go with Damian." Jon offered as he touched down on the floor. "She can't physically hurt me, and I can restrain her if needed."

"She won't need any restraining, Kent!" Damian snapped, Jason rolled her eyes.

"Kid, she's thinking about the best way to kill every one of us at the moment. She's not herself." Plagg flew out, enraged.

"That's what I TOLD you, kid! But you didn't listen to me!" Jason froze.

"Wait. Why aren't we sending in the floating cat fairy, and the bug?" Damian scowled at his older brother.

"Don't refer to Tikki as just a bug. She is a goddess, Todd. And second, I like Kent's idea. I'm going in with he and the Kwami." Bruce facepalmed.

"You know what? Fine. If this doesn't work, you're grounded." Tim snorted.

"Bruce, that's not even fair." Jason snickered.

"Wow, replacement, standing up for the demon? What a shock." Damian groaned and started to walk into the room.

"Kent, are you coming?" he snipped, and walked into the room. Marinette looked at him for a moment, then sat up, swinging her feet over the bed. It took all Damian's willpower not to run over, but he stood with Jon on the other side of the room. Jon quickly closed the door. Marinette stood up, but left a good amount of distance in between them, seeing Damian's wariness.

"Damian, what's going on? What am I doing in here? Why are you acting like this?" Damian balled his hand up into a fist behind his back.

"Marinette, how are you feeling? Do you feel anything different?" Marinette knit her eyebrows.

"Well, no, but I don't understand what I'm doing here?" Damian closed his eyes tightly.

"Marinette, what's the last thing you remember?" tears welled up in her eyes, and she began to walk over, but Damian swiftly moved away from her, eyes tightly closed. Jon stepped a bit closer. "Marinette, what's the last thing you remember?" he opened his eyes and they were stone cold and emotionless. She wrapped her arms around herself.

"I-I remember going to Paris, going to some place, fighting a woman, and I blacked out." a tear ran down her cheek. "Damian, what's happening?" he inhaled sharply.

"Kent, do you mind leaving us be? And maybe turning off the microphone?" Jon scoffed.

"Yeah right. As if I'd-" Damian glared daggers at him.

"I asked for you to leave and turn off the microphone, I don't care for the camera." Damian stated coldly. "Now leave." Jon sighed and smiled sadly at Marinette.

"I don't know which Marinette I'm talking to, but I missed you." Marinette cocked her head at the kryptonian, as he walked away.

"What is he talking about, Damian?" Damian ignored her question.

"Tikki, please check her. See if she's fit to put her earrings back on." Marinette knit her eyebrows once more.

"Excuse me? I am the holder of the Ladybug Miraculous, what do you mean by-" Tikki flew over, and looked at Marinette, letting a small pink glow emit from both the Kwami, and her holder's eyes. After she did that, she flew over to Marinette and attacked her with a hug. Marinette pat the kwami's head. "Tikki? What-"

"I'm so sorry, Marinette!" tears fell down the small kwami's eyes. "Damian, give her earrings back to her. She's alright now. Or she will be ok, then. I can control the amount of pit toxin now that it's leveled out properly." Damian nodded and held out his hand to Tikki. She flew over and put them on Marinette's ears. "Ok," Tikki nodded to Damian, "She's alright, now." Damian's face lit up, and he grabbed the bluenette and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank god. You're alright, now." he buried his face into her neck, his breaths warm and ragged. Marinette felt her cheeks brighten.

"W-What? I don't understand what's happening?" Damian just chuckled, and dropped his head on her shoulder.

"Well, after what happened in Nanda Parbat, when you were dipped in the Lazarus pit after my grandfather killed you, you kind of stayed asleep, in some sort of coma state. You rarely woke up, but when you did, it wasn't you. You were violent and tried to kill us, but that doesn't matter. What matters now is that you were able to overcome that." Damian muttered in her collarbone. She froze.

"What did I try to do?" she asked in a small voice. Damian took a deep breath.

"It doesn't matter habibiti, because it's over now. Tikki can help you, and so can Todd. And everything will work out, I promise." Marinette pulled back, swiping her sleeve across her eyes.

"But how- Holy- Damian, when did you grow like half a foot? How did you get this tall in like two days? What-" Damian pointed to the bed.

"You might want to sit down for this, Dupain Cheng. Trust me." Marinette gave him an odd look, but sat down.

"It's been six months."

"It's been what?"

What happened in those six months? How much has changed? Why has this happened? Stay tuned!!!