One: Moving Day

"Ano ba gagawin ko dito? Amputa." sambit ni Chuuya sa sarili, hands placed on his hips as his features form an irritated expression. Kanina pa ito nawiwindang habang nakatitig sa bulaklak na ipinadala ng kabanda niya. "Konti nalang talaga, Port Mafia. Malilintikan na kayo sa'kin."

Hinata lets out a laugh, finding the sight of the burial flower, hilarious. May note pa itong nagsasabing "congrats sa paglipat sa kabilang bahay, Chuuya". Still, unpacking, he speaks. "Ganda ng housewarming gift ng mga kuya."

"Ha ha ha, tuwang-tuwa ka talaga, hm?" Chuuya retorts, the sarcastic tone in his voice vibrated accompanied by a clay of annoyance. His eyes then land on Hinata's enormous bag which was filled with nothing but volleyball equipment. "Baka nakalimutan mo brief mo sa kakapokus mo sa mga 'yan."

"K-Kuya naman!" Hinata trammels making his older brother laugh in pure amusement.

With a few fading giggles escaping his mouth still, Chuuya opens the windows of their new home to welcome the afternoon breeze inside. Dust falls off the sills like glitter from a gray memory, loose granules left behind by the preceding owners.

Chuuya lets out an small sneeze after his nostrils had been tickled by the dust. He shakes his head once before looking outside, eyes scanning the house right next to their new one. "What a quiet neighborhood."

Hinata hums in question, head turning to his older brother. "Kilala niyo po ba sino kapitbahay natin, kuya?"

"Nope. I didn't see them earlier either. Baka may lakad." sagot ni Chuuya, moving his back to lean against the window before folding his arms across his chest. "Mas malapit na tayo sa school mo."

"Mhm, I can walk from here." Hinata replies, his usual bright tone implied in his voice. "Ah, kuya. Siya nga pala. My friends asked me kung pwede daw sila mag sleepover dito?"

"Sure, why not? Ilan ba?"

"Pito po."

"Kasali na ba crush mo diyan?"

Hinata's eyes widen as quick as how the blush on his face glowed. He blinks, looking away in embarrassment. "W-Walo pala. Pero hindi pa sure kung sasama si Tsukishima."

"Christ, you're adorable." nanggigigil na sabi ni Chuuya saka pinisil ang pisngi ng nakababatang kapatid. "I'm fine with the sleepover. Malaki naman yung sala. Kailan ba?"

"Friday po."

"Okay." Chuuya ruffles Hinata's hair like how he would come in contact with a pool of sunflower petals. "Continue unpacking. Check ko muna yung itaas."

"Okay po."

"Ah by the way, Shoyo." Chuuya stops in the midst of climbing the staircase. "You mentioned earlier na may bago kang mga nasulat?"

"Oo po. They're still drafts but I can show them to you later."

"G, check ko mamaya. Ano ba themes?"

"Iba-iba po eh." Hinata sheepishly chuckles.

Chuuya sends a smile his way. "Well, ikaw bahala. Ikaw lyricist eh."

————————•.~.•————————

It was 5:46 in the morning and the sun was starting to awaken. As dawn made itself known across the evanescent sky, the start of the day implied that it was Chuuya's first morning in their new home. Yesterday has been pretty rough with all the papers in regards to them moving so he knew he earned the liberty to smile at the small rays of sunlight creeping inside the slightest openings of the windows.

The aroma of the coffee he was drinking gave off the vibe of a warm inception, its heat motions against his skin as a trigger for his senses to sit awake. His attention then moves to Hinata who had stood up after finishing tying his shoelaces. "Alis na po ako, kuya!"

"Teka, nag-almusal ka na ba?" Chuuya asks, becoming fully awake after seeing his brother being ready to go off so early. Hinata nods with a grin. "Aga mo naman. The school's not that far anymore compared to our previous place."

"Alam mo naman po na mahilig ako sa morning jogs." Hinata chuckles, slinging his backpack around his shoulder ever so swiftly and without much noise. "May recording po kayo ngayon?"

"Yeah. Susunduin ako ng mga tanga." Chuuya replies and his choice of word makes Hinata laugh. The older places his coffee on the table before standing up. "I'll see you out."

Hinata opens the door and walks outside backwards whilst waving at his brother. Chuuya leans against the door frame, slightly lifting his hand to bid him goodbye as a small smile appears on his face. The same time Hinata opens the gate, Chuuya hears the other house's front door closing dahilan para lingunin niya ito.

A teenager with silky, black hair walks on the front yard of the other house, lips slightly parted as he breathes through the cold breeze of sunrise. He had his arms inside the pockets of his jacket that was covering his uniform and it took Chuuya a few seconds to notice that it was the same livery as Hinata's.

Kageyama scrunches his nose as he felt the prickling cold poke the uncovered parts of his skin. He pulls his hands out of his pockets to blow on them and as he raises his head, he sees the familiar figure prancing not five meters from away him. And he knew only one person who had the kind of tangerine locks that resembled an angel's nest. "Hinata?"

Upon hearing the call, Hinata halts his steps and turns around, proving Kageyama he was right. Gulat nilang tinignan ang isa't isa. "K-Kags?? Why are you here?"

"Dito ako nakatira, baliw. Ako nga dapat nagtatanong niyan." Kageyama responds, walking up to his friend, or so he hoped it was just that. He would bet his life on the line for Hinata not to take notice of the growing pinkish color on his cheeks and ears. And if he did, he wished he'd believe that it was because of the cold and not the fact that Hinata looked overwhelming cute in that sweater that seemed to have been of the wrong size and was too big. The scarf wrapped around his neck that made him look like a muffin wasn't helping either.

"Talaga?? Omg, so magkapitbahay tayo??"

"HA?? Dito kayo lumipat??"

"Mhm! 'Yan nga si kuya oh!" Hinata points at where his brother was standing and was looking at them this whole time. "Kuya, this is Kageyama. 'Yung teammate ko po!"

"No wonder he seemed familiar." Chuuya comments. It would've been better if he continued scanning Kageyama's face but he was distracted by the sight of the two standing next to each other and looking like a couple who were out for a morning walk. Hindi napigilan ni Chuuya ang mapangiti. "It's nice to finally meet you, Kageyama."

"L-Likewise po!" Kageyama replies in full modesty, knowing that his idol was his new neighbor. "I'm a big fan of Port Mafia."

"Do you live alone, Kageyama?"

"Ah, hindi po. Kasama ko po guardian ko." Kageyama answers. "Bukas po release ng bagong single, diba? I'm really looking forward to it, po."

"You should be. Sole outdid themselves yet again." Chuuya replies, mischief gleaming in his eyes and present in his smile which made Hinata's eyes squint towards him.

"Huge fan of your lyricist, kuya. I can't wait to know their identity. If you have plans to reveal it, that is."

"I'll ask." Chuuya was trying so hard not to burst into laughter since Hinata was looking like an angry and pouting puppy beside Kageyama because he kept on teasing him. "Sino paborito mo sa banda?"

"Syempre kayo po, kuya. I'm a fan of main vocalists."

"Thanks." Chuuya chuckles, not really knowing if Kageyama was blushing because his fave artist was in front of him or because Hinata was there beside him. His feelings are written all over his face. "Oh, siya. Alis na kayo. Take care."