Great parenting. 

Cigarette man watched as the woman continued to try and find the girl's hand, yet the little girl wasn't even reaching up to grasp her mother's. Sighing, he grabbed the phone between his fingers and turned it off, then offered it back. 

"I was mad at him for biting Mana the first time, but now I can see that it wasn't his fault." 

The woman scowled at him, then, seemingly registering what cigarette man had said, looked toward Fox. 

"It was you who left me with that doctor's bill!" she yelled as she ran forward and prepared to kick him. 

Fox was just turning to dart away when his form suddenly shifted. At that exact second strong arms wrapped around him and lifted him up. The person holding him jerked abruptly right afterward, then hopped a few steps as he hissed, making Fox think that he'd taken the kick for him. 

"Good, he's changed! Let's take him down to the police station, Amo," the woman yelled as cigarette man carefully wrapped his too-large trench-coat around Fox's naked body, blocking out most of the light chill from the air on his bare skin. He then shifted his body a bit, making it easier to hold him in his arms as he turned to address the woman. 

"Maya, take Mana back to play or go home. I'm not taking him to the police. You never watch her, so I'm not surprised that she had gotten bitten. She learned her lesson and didn't get close to him again. You should just leave it at that." 

The woman sounded furious as she started yelling too much stuff at the man for Fox to bother following. He was already overloaded with being so close to someone who wasn't Noah or Henry. It also didn't help that he was practically helpless in his human form, so even if he struggled to get free, he would probably just make an even bigger fool out of himself. 

The strong scent of cigarettes on the man's clothing didn't help matters, either. The smell burned his nose, but he didn't dare try to stick his head up above the man's coat collar. He wouldn't put it past the woman to try and hit him again if he did. 

"You don't even know him! Why are you trying to help that little shit?" the woman yelled, honestly making Fox wonder the same thing as he glanced up at the man who briefly stared down at him as he contemplated his sister's question. 

When he looked back up at her, he shrugged one shoulder and grinned. "Because you're being a bitch and it was your fault that your daughter got hurt to begin with. Own it and move on, you are being a terrible example for Mana," cigarette man said before turning and walking away. 

The woman yelled after him, but once her voice faded from Fox's human ears, he tried to climb up a bit higher so that he could actually see where they were going, but...

Darn these useless hands. 

He still had trouble using his thumbs correctly. 

"Hang on a second, I got you," the man said before pausing and shifting his hands around a bit beneath Fox. He was about to growl a warning, since he already wasn't happy with being carried, but he was abruptly hefted up higher, putting just his head and the very top of his shoulders above the heavy coat. 

"Better?" the man asked as he started walking again. 

Fox looked around eagerly, making notes of where he was going. He knew the city well, so it wasn't hard to figure out where he was and the direction they were headed. 

"You aren't much of a talker, are you, kid?" 

I'm not a talker at all. 

"Do you want me to call your friend again to come get you?" he asked, making Fox hesitate.