Chapter 3 - Flashback Part II

(This is a continuation of the last chapter)

School went on, and it went as usual. Only difference is that Toad seemed to be becoming more and more distant every day. It wasn't like he just flat out left you and the others. Some days he wouldn't show up at lunch, he'd distance himself from the gang, you specifically, at least that's what it felt like, and whenever he did hang out with you all, he wouldn't talk much, or he'd leave early with little to no explanation.

And it was all because of (R/N).

Well, that's what you thought anyway.

Ever since that history project, the two of them have been basically inseparable. They always hung out and did activities together like they were best friends or something, but they weren't. Right? It was always you and Toad. Always.

Well, today was May 30th, the day of the school dance. You, Toad and the others had all decided beforehand that you'd all go together, but now you weren't so sure that would still be taking place. You had already bought and put on your outfit, and was at (F/N/1)'s house with (F/N/2) and (F/N/3).

Still no Toad.

(F/N/1) noticed your disappointment.

"Hey, even if he doesn't show up, at least you have us!" You manage to make out a small smile, which seemed to satisfy (him/her).

You check your phone, and see that you got a text;

"Sorry, won't be at the dance :/ Busy with family crap, see you at school?"

You stare at the text, not surprised, but still upset. You decide to hide your pain and try to enjoy yourself.

You get to the dance with your friends, and for the first half, it was fun. You ate food and danced and talked to your friends, just like a normal dance. The only difference is that someone was missing, someone important.

Toad.

You started to think about him again, wishing he were here. Suddenly, you hear the familiar voice of your least favorite person in the world.

You turn around to see them, but that's when you see something else. Or rather, someone else.

It was Toad.

And what were they doing?

Well making out of course.

You storm up to them.

"TOAD, WHAT THE H*CK." You say, but you didn't say h*ck.

"(Y/N)! I swear it's not what you think-"

"I don't care, okay?! Just... UGH!" You yell. Everyone at the dance is staring at you.

"(Y/N) I swear I can explain everything, please just let me talk-"

"No!" You yell more. A crowd has been formed, and everyone is staring at you and Toad. The music seemed to have stopped too, people are whispering. Then, you do something that you will most definitely regret.

You punch Toad and (R/N) in the face...