A little later Anjali , Khushi and Manav sat in the food court of the hospital where Manav had taken them for coffee.

On the way to the hospital this morning, Anjali had revealed to her that Dr Manav was a widower. His wife had died last year after a long term ill-ness due to arthritis of the lungs. They had been married just for three years and had no children. Khushi's heart went out to this man who had gone through such a grave tragedy in his life.

'Di tells me you own this hospital?' Khushi asked as she sipped her coffee.

'Yes it is,' he answered, 'During the day, I end up doing a lot of administrative work. Running a hospital can be quite taxing. I see patients in the evenings.'

'But he squeezes in some time for the patients of Ashray,' Anjali said an appreciative gleam in her eyes. 'He treats them for free.' She added.

'Anjali please.' Manav brushed off the compliments looking a little embarrassed. 'It's the least I can do. You work there for peanuts, yourself, don't you?'

As they began discussing some of their patients Khushi realized how animated Anjali seemed with Dr Manav. The mutual admiration they had for each other was quiet obvious.

In the ten years she had known Anjali , Khushi knew that Anjali lived in her own world of books and kept mostly to herself. But she was a very warm person at heart. She remembered the fun times they had when she had come home before Payal and Akash's wedding, five years ago.

Since she had come back from Mumbai, however, Anjali seemed to have receded into a shell. She had hardly seen Anjali and Shyam exchange more than a few words with each other. During her conversation with Anjali , she had gathered that Anjali had not really been interested in marriage and her mother had coerced her into marrying Shyam because her she wanted to see her daughter settled before she left for the US.

Mamma practically dragged me to the altar before leaving for the States

She said she had never asked me anything in her life but I would have to listen to her this time. I was guilty. I agreed to get married to the boy she chose for me.

Shyam's erratic behaviour with her on the terrace and then later at holi had bordered on inappropriate. Was it possible that Anjali and Shyam had never found happiness with each other? What might have happened if Anjali had met Dr Manav five years ago?

'Anjali , I am worried about the way you fell from the stairs. I think you should move to a different place. You don't even have a room downstairs in your house.'

'What do you mean Dr Manav?' Khushi said curious about what Dr Manav had said.

'Anjali has already had prior fracture in her left foot because of which it is a little weak. I feel she should avoid going up and down the stairs too much.'

'I slipped because the strap of my house slipper tore.' Anjali said.

'But Di, didn't you buy those during Diwali when we went shopping?' Khushi reminded her. 'Those slippers were quiet robust. How can they tear so soon?'

'You are right Khushi, it was a good brand too and I paid a fortune for it. I will take it back to the store and demand a refund.'

'Demand a refund?'Manav's eyebrows rose incredulously, 'You will have to sue them for your injury Anjali .'

'Alright Mr Know it All,' Anjali said affably. 'I will take you along when I to go to the store. I guess you will be helpful in proving my point to the owner, you being a doctor and all.

'Khushi and I will get going now,' Anjali said looking at the time on her phone. 'She is coming home to help me clean up.'

'Di,' Khushi said as an ominous feeling entered her heart. 'As Dr Manav suggested you should find a place that has a room downstairs. Until then, I think you should stay with us.'