Meera looked beautiful and edgy in her lavender coloured saree. She had straightened her hair letting it flow to her back. Her make-up wasn't too heavy and she looked sweet. I watched her wrap the saree around her out of the corner of my eye. I pretend not to look but I can't help it. Her petite and delicate body was so eye-catching. I mean we're husband and wife so of course we change our clothes in front of each other. That doesn't matter to me. She just turns away and I don't get the full view but hey, I don't want her to be uncomfortable. We headed to the wedding once we were done getting dressed.

I met many of her old colleagues again. All through the ceremony she blankly stared at the rituals and only smiled when I looked at her or for pictures. It didn't seem like an old friend to me because when she said congratulations it felt pretty icy and it seemed like she was talking to somebody she hates. I tried to ignore that because I couldn't imagine why somebody like her could hate at all. We didn't stay for too long either. We left a bit early that afternoon. We were still dressed up so I asked her out "Why don't we go on a date tonight?"

I wanted to take her to one of my favourite clubs. We saw a few of my friends. She was a bit out of place at first but she was more of a wild party animal than me once she got into it. I held my drink in one hand while sitting with her in a dark corner holding her hand. I told her that I've always asked her about things she's liked but never about anything about what she didn't like and I wanted her to vent her anger out today. I think it was this anger that she's been holding since before our marriage. I just want her to relax a little and not be so uptight. I feel like she's always so tense sometimes. It was about seven in the evening when we walked out into an alleyway. No one was really nearby. She asked me what we were doing. I asked a waiter to follow us out. He had some shots on him.

I told her that today, she must get rid of everything she held. I want to see her with her guard down. I started by taking a shot and then throwing the glass on the opposite wall - "I hate scandals!" She looked at me with a devious look and then took one shot and threw the glass at the wall. That one little grin from her gave me the feeling that tonight was going to be new and exciting. The waiter had the look that said I had to pay for that and I told him it's all on me handing him some cash. While I was doing that, my queen was on a roll. "I hate..." she took another glass broke it and she began to say I hate you to the wall. I just stared at her amused. Another shot and she placed the glass on the platter. She stopped breaking them.

She was too occupied taking another five shots. I really hope she doesn't vomit this up any time soon. We went back inside. She ordered a large something with a bunch of shots and we began to dance. I tried to stop her from drinking so much but she wouldn't let me. It was getting late and the place was getting crowded. She said she wanted to leave. She was all giggly and drunk. Luckily, I hadn't drank too much otherwise I would've been drunk too. In the car, the chauffeur took us home pretty quickly. 

She was nuts. "Raaaj... Raaaaj... look at me baby." She never spoke to me like that. "Raaaaj. How come I see so many of you? Why are there stars around your head? How come the sky is pink? Why are we on a rollercoaster?" She needed a cold shower to bring her back. It had begun to rain outside. The chauffeur drove off and I go to unlock the doors when I hear her walk away. She's singing and dancing in the rain. Paagal(crazy)! I had to pick her up forcefully and bring her in. Her lavender saree was soaked and my kurta too. She wouldn't come up to our bedroom either. She sat there adamantly. Again, I picked her up forcefully bringing her upstairs before dropping her on the bed and peeling my kurta off. I turn back around and she's gone again! This was going to be one long night.

Then, I felt hands wrapping around me and she laid her head on my back. "Raaj. Mmmmm." "Okay. Meera, Meera come on, what are you doing?" "Raaaaj." I loosen the grip she has on me and she leans into me pushing me back and we both fall on the bed. "Meera what are you doing? You're all wet." She just laid on top of me before beginning to laugh that sexy happy laugh that I find extremely irresistible but I know I had to stop her. I pulled her off of the bed and she yelled really loudly "RAJ! STOP!" I took a step back and before I knew it she pushed me against the wall pinning me to it.

"Raj, why are you so sexy? Why are you so irresistible? Every time I see you, I want to bite your lips. I want to kiss you until it hurts." She was whispering. Then before I knew it, she put her mouth on mine pushing hard. Wow! Wow. WOW! That was our first kiss ever. She began to undress herself kissing me still and I asked her if she actually wanted to do this. I mean, it was her who hadn't wanted it before. She told me to shut up and kiss her. So I did. Soon we were back in bed. 

The cloth between us was gone and our marriage became whole. We were making love and I heard her soft sweet voice buried into my chest. She was saying something. "I love you.... "That was the first time ever that she had said those three words to me. I was full of happiness. "I love you." There was moaning. "Love you so much... Ram." Ram?

What the hell? Now, I was sure that something happened between her and that Ram before we got married. I had to pull back and she had turned over, sleep taking over her body very quickly and I began to hear her breathe rhythmically. I pulled the covers over her before getting out of bed to take a hot shower. I needed to think. Is that why she hasn't been so happy these few months I've gotten to know her? She did seem a bit off. Now that I remember it, she had looked glum even on the day of our wedding. I need to get to work and open that letter. I couldn't sleep well after that. I laid down beside her just watching her intently. Her face glowed, she looked so sweet.

 Our suhaag raat just happened and one of her biggest secrets begins to come out. I hope no one else finds out about this. She even had a hint of a smile or what I thought was one as she slept. She looked so cute. Her hair tumbling down her back along the bare skin. I ran my fingers through her hair feeling the warmness of her skin. She moved slightly in her sleep laying half of her uncovered body on me her hand resting on my bare chest. Maybe I made a mistake by marrying her. She must've been miserable being here. But, what am I supposed to do now? I'll ask her tomorrow. As soon as the clock showed six and light began to seep into the room, I got up laying her body against the white sheets. What if she didn't want to be with me? We were now husband and wife physically and just when I thought she wanted me, it looks like she doesn't after all.