Chapter 1

Two days ago, Steve POV:

Today was an amazing day. I woke up right on time, went for a run, I was really energized by the end of it. Then I went to the tower and made breakfast for everyone, nobody was arguing, it was really nice. I even was going out later for a birthday celebration at Lydia's. Later that day though, during lunch, Tony gets a call and steps into the other room, after a moment he peeks his head in the doorway and says it's for me. I walked over to Tony, who handed me the phone and walked back to go eat.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Steven Rogers?"
"This is, and who would this be?"
"This is Tessa Abrams from Social Services"
"Um alright"
At that point I was rather confused with why Social Services was calling me..
"This call is concerning Jacqueline Ryan, her parents died last night after falling off of their building while preparing for a celebration on their roof."
I was shocked, my face was pale and I couldn't speak.
"Lydia Ryan's will dictates that in the event of her death and Jacqueline is still underage, she is to be taken under the care of Steven Edward Rogers"
"..Jack's only five, as of this morning..."
"Precisely, so if you'd like it, Young Jacqueline would have you as her legal guardian"
I had to stop for a moment.. And think because this was a lot but Ms.Abrams took it the wrong way and continued on
"Of course if you say no, Jacqueline will just be put into foster care, there is no pressure at all to become her guardian"
So of course I said yes.
But apparently there's a lot of legal stuff that happens when you become the legal guardian of a child, so Jack is coming to live with me, two day later.
...
...
I also haven't mentioned any of this to the rest of the Avengers...