𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟑𝟑

Start from the beginning

Eventually as they moved through the space, and Adeline got to finally witness what she had ben working so hard since the summer, I was in her sights and she momentarily stopped her movement. She whispered over to Jordan and unexpectedly, she started walking towards me, holding her dress above her dainty heels.

Okay. Okay. It's fine. It was only a matter of time before we'd actually speak again...so why am I literally blank in the fucking brain right now –

"Hey there," she spoke, there was so much tension in her voice – yet a kind of excitement that I was intrigued by.

I smiled way wider than I should've. But I couldn't help but appreciate those simple words; those were the first words I ever said to her before our whole journey started. That innocent grocery store conversation.

"Hi..." I chuckled nervously before I could think of anything to say, "you made one hell of a party for us." I chirped and we both looked around once again.

"I mean it was a joint effort, Aunty G green-lighted most of it, Cleo, Kate and Nikita and stuff –"

"Come on take credit for how much you were freaking out over this event and doing all the menial tasks" I kidded.

She looked at me sheepishly before letting out a little laugh and agreeing with me. When her laugh and smile dulled, we stood alone and silent – a dramatic cover of I Won't Say I'm In Love being performed on stage.

"Josh I uh – I need to tell you something" she slowly revealed. I could tell that she was trying to not expose herself, but that previous excitement from before was stopping her from helping it.

"Oh?" my cheeks heated up and I anxiously made fists inside my pant pockets. What could she say right now? When I had so much I was planning to say in just a few minutes.

"I uh...I know."

"You – you know? Y-what?" Busted. How could she know – wait did she know what I think she knew because how could she know -

"Hey we gotta get up there soon" Olivia interrupted. She tapped my arm and then noticed the confused atmosphere between us.

"What's going on?" she asked the both of us. I simply scoffed and then looked back to see Adeline giving Olivia some telling wide eyes.

"Wait a minute...did she tell you?!" I stressed. Olivia looked just as confused before she started piecing Addie's horrible poker face and my deflated expression. She must've known I was going to perform my new song, that was for her.

"I – okay Gwen is asking us to come so –" she insisted before grabbing my arm and splitting me and Adeline up. I rolled my eyes as I caught the girls looking guilty yet giddy.

"Oh Liv you do be dumb." I said through gritted teeth as we headed backstage.

"Okay just forget about my inability to keep a secret because you guys were literally falling apart and I couldn't take it anymore because you still love each other...okay" she ended after finally taking a breath.

"Well now it's not a surprise!" I insisted and she gave me a frown before it turned into her thinking face.

"I mean actually, she just thinks that you're performing our song, some Disney songs and your single – she doesn't think you'd actually perform the new song for her in front of everyone. She only knows some of the lyrics you wrote!" she tried to argue.

"Liv that – that doesn't mean – okay I dunno whatever" I pouted with exaggeration. Olivia sighed and rubbed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Joshy but trust me, I was Cupid for good reason – okay now are you ready?" she asked as she adjusted her mic. She was going to sing Just For a Moment with me before I was meant to go solo.