𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟑𝟑

Start from the beginning

God I missed all of it. I missed her so much that it was simply becoming my new hobby.

She used to call me all sorts of names: Shuie, Allstar, Jo...whatever she wanted. Now, we don't call each other at all.

Adeline's family was already here, I caught the smile of Mrs. Phillips as she looked over to me across the hall, before her eyes went wide at my outfit and she held her hand to her heart. I laughed and thanked her before I dramatically mouthed 'Angelo?', she skimmed the crowd before pointing to the DJ's corner set-up.

Angelo Phillips and his Nintendo Switch; I couldn't name a more iconic duo in the moment.

"Hey Geli" I chimed as I sat beside him.

"Sup Curly." he replied without looking up from his screen.

"Uh, did we consent to that nickname – "

"What, Deli can make any name up for you and I can't use Curly?" he snapped jokingly, I chuckled in response and there were a few moments of silence.

"What are you doing in the corner dude the event's basically started" I asked as I continued gazing at the ice palace décor.

"Says you" he retorted, still looking at his screen. I pouted my lips, but he then gave me a cheeky side eye and I nudged him lightly. Okay forget it, I couldn't help myself -

"Speaking of...Addie is she...do you know when she's coming?"

"Dunno, but I know she's mad at you." he blandly replied.

"Mad at me?" I repeated with a tone of distress, "did she say something to you?"

"Okay I dunno, mad-sad whatever, but she seems sadder these days...we don't hang out as much as we used to or like – do shit like swear and then we gotta owe each other a dollar and stuff." He recalled as he continued playing.

There was such innocence to his words, and it reminded me of when I would see my older sisters in pain. And with me knowing nothing about their problems – I would just watch them day-in-day-out and wonder why they wouldn't play with me. Just reminiscing on that feeling, and seeing that reflected before me, made my eyes immediately sting.

"I'm sorry about that buddy." was all I could reply.

"You guys better stop fighting, I want to annoy Deli again," he finally looked up from his game and looked at me with that same innocence in his eyes, but also that classic little brother sassiness.

"Wh- fighting we're not figh – "

"I'm twelve I'm not dumb, Curly."

I was about to retort until I started hearing some buzz come from the front of the hall; the colour purple was in my peripheral.

I glanced over and before I knew it, I was a cliché boy in a rom-com, doing a double take on the princess of the hour.

Adeline.

Granted, the buzz was only from her fellow interns, Blaire and Olivia and her Mom, but I wished the whole crowd noticed her walk in like I did.

She was Rapunzel; she looked ethereal. Her long hair was let out and in slight waves, cascading over a purple A-line dress, covered in gold accents, and off-the-shoulder tulle sleeves. Okay I knew the whole description since she showed me the dress when we were planning to come as a Disney couple.

But moments later, I saw who she actually came with. A tall, dark-haired guy in a velvet emerald suit. However, Adeline wanting nothing to do with him is what I would usually expect; I would've expected her to at least walk far ahead of him and ignore him. However, I watched in pain as she walked back, took Jordan's arm and encouraged him to move forward with her.  Yet, Jordan was shyer than I'd ever saw him, calmer.