003. Hogwarts Express

Start bij het begin

"Yeah, of course. Give her to me and go now! Love you, see you soon!" Venus smiled, she couldn't have asked for a better best friend.

Constance shoved her toward the direction of the Prefects carriage with a thumbs up, "You'll do great!"

Venus made sure she had her Prefects badge, her robes straightened out and that her braid wasn't wonky. The Prefects carriage had already been occupied with several other students, Prefects from other houses. From Hufflepuff it was Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott. From Ravenclaw, Padma Patil and Anthony Goldstein. Unfortunately, from Slytherin, it was Pansy Parkinson and Draco Malfoy. Ron Weasley stood uncomfortably at the edge, his owl fluttering happily inside the cage.

"Ah— Ms. Rosario, so happy that you joined us." said Professor McGonagall with a truck at her side, "this will be a short meeting to instruct you all on your duties as your House's Prefects."

Venus stood next to Ron, his shoulders dropped when Venus had entered the carriage. The sight of another Gryffindor calmed his nerves, even though they've never spoken a word to eachother. She watched McGonagall respectfully as she detailed everything a Prefect was given the privilege to do and what tasks they were permitted to complete. She opened the trunk beside her with a tap of her wand. Red threads like with golden attire were folded neatly beside six other pairs, that were all red, green, blue and yellow, two of each.

The apparel hung in the air and moved gently toward each student. It was a shawl-like garment that added itself over their school robes. McGonagall admired the students contently, tapping the trunk thrice with her wand to lock it shut again.

"Now that you six are all set, go and patrol the aisles," she proclaimed ushering them out of the carriage. Ernie Macmillan tripped over his school robes knocking over Pansy Parkinson, "oh! Macmillan it's always you, isn't it?" Pansy brought herself up from the floor looking furious. But she bit her tongue and left the carriage with Draco.

"Erm— excited to be a Prefect, Ron?" Venus asked brushing down her robes, "I know I am."

Ron's head shook and he looked down at Venus dazed, "I am terrified. I can't boss around brothers, those annoying twats, they'll just ignore everything I say."

It was silent between the two again. Venus helped lone first years who hadn't found a carriage yet.

"Hey, are you alright? Y'know—" Ron pointed at Venus' cut lip. She avoided his stare covering her scar with her hand.

"Yeah— yeah. What did I expect really... and well," said Venus. "There's a reason there are two Prefects, I'll find a way to keep your brothers in line."

Ron gave an appreciative nod. When Venus didn't depart to another compartment, his smile fell into a creeped-out frown. "My friend's in the carriage as yours, I promise I'm not stalking you."

He nodded opening the door to the carriage. "I'm starving," said Ron, stowing his owl next to Harry's, grabbing a Chocolate Frog from him and throwing himself into the seat next to him.

He ripped open the wrapper, bit off the Frog's head, and leaned back with his eyes closed as though he had had a very exhausting morning. Venus knew all he did was stand and breathe in that meeting. Harry's jaw locked and he looked at Venus blankly, staring back out the window without saying anything.

"Well, there are two fifth-year Prefects from each House," said Venus, looking thoroughly disgruntled as she took her seat next to Constance. "Boy and girl from each."