you're my chosen one

Start from the beginning

We entered the school and it was dead quiet, must have been next lesson.

"I won't be a sec George just take them to the common room" Fred shouted and ran in the opposite direction.

"We're not babies you know, we can take care of ourselves" I said and ran over to comfort 'mione as well as me.

"Yes, I know that but you two are just as stubborn as Ron and Harry. If I left you two alone 'mione would probably go and finish the job" George laughed as did I and 'mione slightly smiled.

"You should've seen it George" I smiled crazily, I think the adrenaline was going to my head.

"I basically did, you know don't tell anyone else but you looked so cool punching someone y/nn" he nodded.

I laughed at his statement and we reached the common room. We stepped inside and I collapsed onto the sofa with 'mione taking the armchair.

"I'm sorry if I scared you 'mione" I said sadly.

"Y/nn you did not scare me, it was awesome. I think I was just a bit overwhelmed that's all" she laughed.

"Okay good" I smiled.

"I'm used to me doing the punching" she smirked and I laughed.

"People are going to be scared of us now 'mione we're a lethal duo" I raised my eyebrows.

We were laughing when I heard the portrait swing open. I had assumed it would be Fred coming back from his little adventure but it was not the ginger I had initially expected.

In stepped Luna and Ron. As soon as he entered the room our eyes locked, his facial expression was very mixed. He was somewhat angry, sad, worried, impressed and horny all at once.

"What the fuck just happened!" Ron shouted and ran over to me. Luna running over to 'mione and holding her.

"Well Ronald if you'd like to know, I punched Draco Malfoy," "twice" 'mione interjected.

"You, you are bloody crazy" Ron's mouth was agape as he moved closer to me.

Luna led 'mione upstairs to the dorm, I assumed they would just sleep it off. The twins left for their next lesson and meant me and Ron were left alone.

I pushed my face closer to Ron's. He stared into my eyes until he noticed the harsh red mark that lay atop my cheek. He reached his hand up to my face and grazed his finger over it, I winced and he pulled back shocked.

"Did he hit you y/nn?" he asked sadly.

"Yes but I promise it's okay" I smiled.

"Wait that bastard actually did hit you?" his anger was rising but his eyes were still focused on mine.

"Ron please I promise he came out worse. I just want you with me for now" I pleaded and placed my hand over his.

His eyes softened a little and he brought me into a hug. I wasn't exactly sad about the situation that took place but I felt myself getting tearful and I started sniffling. The tears stung my fresh wound and I cringed.

He pulled away from the hug.

"Are you okay darling?" he said, his eyes were very worried.

"I'm fine honestly, it's just he was saying these horrible things about you and it made me feel horrible" I tried to force a smile but it was worthless as the tears kept flowing.

"What did he say?" he asked softly.

"He was saying all this stuff about you being a sidekick and-"

"I'm used to it love, honestly don't feel upset" he smiled at me trying to raise my spirits. But I could tell that it still hurt him, he was just as bad at hiding his emotions as I was.

"I know Ron but you shouldn't have to be used to it, you shouldn't have to be used to people calling you Harry's best friend because you're not Ron. You're not his best friend to me, you're my chosen one" I smiled, my tears were still running down my face and his eyes glossed over. I could tell this was a sensitive subject for him.

He moved closer to me and pushed our lips together. His hand moved into my hair and with the other he pulled me onto his lap. My hands travelled to his head and I played with the hair at the nape of his neck.

His kisses began to lower and I felt him leave marks all over my chest. This kiss wasn't like any other, it wasn't hungry like I was used to, it was full of emotions, both happy and sad. It was his way of saying thank you and my way of saying that it was us against the world.

His lips travelled back up to meet mine and we just kissed for a while. Neither of us particularly wanted to speak because we both knew it would bring us to tears. Through kissing we expressed all of our feelings.

He pulled apart for a little catching his breath and checking to see if I was okay. We stared at each other for a little just appreciating one another.

"I think I love you y/nn" he blurted out nervously and I tried to conceal my smile.

"No y/nn I know I love you" he said this time with a bit more confidence and thought.

"I love you too Ron" I smiled giddily and our lips collided once more.

I didn't know what the future was going to hold but for now this is where I was happiest and I didn't want to ruin that with overthinking.

okay wait why did I low-key love this chapter 🙈