𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

And I was insanely bored.

Not even Ham was here to entertain me with his obnoxious stories. I'm thankful for his existence sometimes because being an only child would be a nightmare.

My eyes drew from the crowds surrounding games and food stands to the familiar whines of a little girl.

Pausing to look to my left, I saw Karen, Georgina, Oliver, Mr.Phillip's new wife, Mr.Phillip, and Jordan.

My heart skipped a beat staring at Jordan as he raised his mallet to hit the pucker in the high striker game. He hit it pretty high but still missed the top. He rolled his eyes as Oliver made fun of him.

"Harley, are you okay?" My mothers voice pulled my attention away from him. My eyes widen in slight panic as I look ahead to see her and dad waiting for me.

"Uh yes. I think I saw Dayanna and Jerry here though. I should probably go talk to them.. If that's alright with you, of course..." I came up with a fast excuse.

"Don't go too far. And meet us at the table over there." Dad gave me permission and gestured at the table in the middle of the park. Thanking him and then walking away, I began searching for Jerry.

Lucily, I saw him and Dayana by the cattle corral. I sped up my pace, rushing past people to get to where I had seen my friends. I spot them admiring the animals from the fence.

"Guys!" I yell, making them turn their heads to me.

"Hey" Dayanna waved as I went over to them excitedly.

"Sup" Jerry high fived me.

"I need you guys desperately." I scuffle out of breath.

"For what?" They asked.

"I need you both to keep an eye on my parents and make sure to keep them distracted. I want to go talk to Jordan but I can't if my parents are watching."

"I'll help, don't worry." Dayanna replied demonstrating I could always count on her once again.

"Anything for young love." My cousin answered poetically.

I smiled feeling more relieved. "Thank you. You're the best!"

"You're welcome!" Jerry yelled back over my hastened sprinting.

My next move was to find Jordan.

Despite the crowded alleys, I managed to find him and his family standing under the shade of the flower stall.

Karen was picking out flowers while Mr. Phillip's new wife waved a fan over her face in displeasure. Georgina was fighting Oliver on something but all I could pay attention to was Jordan who was smelling a bouquet of red roses.

"JORDAN!" I waved my hands in the air so he could see from the corner of his eye.

Hearing his name being called he glimpsed my direction and his eyes met mine. Glad to have him notice me, I beckoned to a small space behind a food truck. He sent me an understanding nod and a thumbs up.

I nod back before going to where I pointed. I went between the back of the food trucks where it was more quiet and isolated. No one would see us here.