𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸 (rewrite)

Start from the beginning

Y/N stood, rubbing the tears from her eyes. She bent down after quickly looking around to make sure no one was around.
She attempted to pick up her mom before her arms gave out and Y/N ended up just dragging her.

As carefully as possible, she dragged her mother back to heir make-shift home, laying her next to the fire.

"I'm so sorry, mom." Y/N kissed the back of her hand gently before hurriedly standing back up. She looked around the room, scanning for her mother's bag.
She gathered up the few things that they had and packed it into the leather bag.

The world felt like it was going so fast for young Y/N. Before she knew it, she was outside, running aimlessly for some sort of exit based of her intuition.

Everything hurt. Her heart, her head, her feet. This was the most she had walked in her life. However, she kept going. From her knowledge, they lived on the outskirts of the city. Not many people went near the outside of town.

'Except for the man that killed mother.' Y/N thought.
She remembered all the stories that mother had told her. About the outside world. The green trees, the grass, the smell of nature. About father..

Y/N gasped, out of breath. Hope coursed through her when she saw what looked to be the city exit. It was particularly blocked by rubble, but it looked easy to climb over.

She ran faster and harder, every part of her hurting. Adrenaline had given her more strength than she thought it would, but that didn't stop the physical backlash.
As soon as she had gotten to the pile, she scaled it as quickly as she could. She jumped down and rolled down a small hill.

Suddenly, the tiredness kicked in and the fact that she was running on an empty stomach.
'Nonono! I can't stop now. I have to keep going. They'll kill me!' She thought desperately, clawing at the grass and dirt.

This was her first time seeing these things. But she couldn't focus on it now.
Another adrenaline rush flowed through her and she pulled herself to her feet.

'Run. Run as far and long as you can.' Y/N tried to motivate herself.

Y/N noticed something in the very distance. It looked to have... houses? At least, she that they were. She didn't know what they looked like.

She desperately hoped that they weren't like the people in the city. She didn't want to find out, but it was her best bet.
Y/N felt her limbs becoming heavy as she approached the village.

Black spots had begun to grow in the corner of her vision.
Before she knew it, her numb legs collapsed and the black spots consumed her vision.

Everything was dark.

Y/N jumped up, gasping. Her head darting around, quickly scanning the area for any danger.
Sighing in relief, she relaxed and laid her head back onto her pillow. Rubbing at her face, she groaned.

It was that dream again.
Actually, it was more like a memory. A memory of her childhood. Before she escaped. Her mother's death.

"Hrrm?"
Y/N looked over to find the source of the sound, only to find Nurm, one of her closest friends. Even since her escape.
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that... dream again." Y/N responded. What Nurm said was basically the equivalent of 'are you okay' in villager language. Nurm was sitting at his desk near his bed, writing.