It took them only a short while to fill up four sacks of big mushrooms. Mo Beihan brought them back to the cave and dried them on big stones.

He then took some to bring back.

“Let’s go! It’s getting late. We’ll reach home at night.”

They returned to the cave. Mo Beihan wrapped the bones with brown paper and put them into a sack, together with two pieces of pork hanging on the rack, the pork’s head, mushrooms and wild vegetables.

Gu Qingyao almost filled two sacks. She carried the two sacks on one side of the shoulder pole and dry branches on the other side.

They covered the cave before they left to prevent others from noticing it.

They passed the traps that Mo Beihan set earlier on. There were four rabbits, two chicken and one river deer. Even Mo Beihan laughed at their luck today.

But he did not know that the food he placed into the trap was mixed with spring water by Gu Qingyao secretly. The spring water was from her space, not some elixirs, just more refreshing and cleaner than water outside. She used to make drugs with that.

All the preys were attracted over by the smell of the food.

Chapter 38: This Guy Is Really Capable!

Translator: Atlas Studios  Editor: Atlas Studios

The sky was completely dark when they reached home.

It was about 9 pm. Mo Beihan sent Gu Qingyao to her home and passed her two fish, the ones she washed earlier.

He also gave her two rabbits and a chicken. He wanted her to take the river deer but Gu Qingyao did not want so much meat. She only needed some to show that they were fruitful.

“I’ll come and pick you up tomorrow morning.”

“Okay!”

They planned to go to the town tomorrow.

Gu Yunshen kept waiting as his daughter was not home yet. He walked out immediately as he heard voices in the yard.

Mo Beihan greeted Gu Yunshen and left.

Gu Yunshen helped Gu Qingyao take everything in. He looked towards the direction where Mo Beihan left and smiled, “This guy is really capable.”

The trip into the mountain must be fruitful.

Gu Qingyao smiled and walked inside with her father.

“I have eaten with Brother Beihan on the mountain. I’ll go back to my room later.”

Gu Yunshen nodded and said, “Okay. There’s hot water in the kitchen. You can take a shower and rest early!”

Zhang Xiaohui and Gu Ruoqing came out of the room and ran over to see what Gu Qingyao brought back.

She went out with Mo Beihan this time. Every time Mo Beihan came back and headed towards the mountain, he would bring many things for the Gu Family. It must be the same for today.

They were delighted as they saw the chicken, rabbit and fish in Gu Qingyao’s hands!

“Woh! There’s meat, Mom! We get to eat fish tomorrow!”

Zhang Xiaohui was in joy as well, “Yes! We’ll have fish tomorrow! It’s been long since we last ate fish. It was so exhausting during the autumn harvest. Time to eat some meat.”

Gu Yunshen and Gu Qingyao did not even bother to talk to them. She passed everything to Gu Yunshen and headed towards her room.

“Wait! Where’s the meat at home? Where did you hide the meat and the flour?” Gu Ruoqing asked.