Chapter 8 : Drawback

Start from the beginning

"So how'd the heist go master Tomura?" asked Kurogiri, peaking Toga's attention to the two of us coming back and I was tearing off my bomber jacket to pitch it at the wall out of frustration.

"As well as it could've gone-"

I wasn't having it, I needed to breathe the stress was peaking.

I put my bag on the bar counter for Kurogiri to bring to me later when I needed it. I didn't have the time or patience to wait and bring it to my room, I just needed to be alone as soon as possible. I sprinted to my room at the end of the hallway, hanging a quick left, swinging into my room with my left hand and slammed the door shut, being left alone in the darkness and my dim green LED lights letting me see the outlines of the appliances in my room.

The pure screech of frustration that left my mouth after I tore off my gas mask could've been heard through the walls, I was sure. I always let out my rage in a less contained way but not this time, this was all my fucking fault and I knew it. DAMMIT WHY DIDN'T I DO ANYTHING TO STOP HIM!? I COULD'VE AT LEAST SHOT HIM IN THE LEG OR SOMETHING!?

I punched and wall and grabbed my hair, wishing I could pull the memories of what happened today out of my head just like that. I swayed and stumbled through my room, ending by landing face-first into my bed and screaming into my pillow.

It would've been over there, I would've just crashed and fallen asleep there on the spot to help me forget, but I was rudely interrupted by somebody opening my door and letting themselves in, shutting the door after they had made their way in and stood over me beside my bed.

I peeked an eye at the doorway to try and spot the silhouette of my visitor, only to be met with a 5'9" shadow of a slumped over, ashy, blue haired bastard who tells me what to do.

Tomura took a moment to change before coming to my room, I could tell. He was wearing a skin tight black turtleneck, artist's gloves that covered his thumb, ring, and pinkie finger on each hand. None of his decorative severed family members were on his body, and he was looking down on me like he said something he knew would hurt and wanted to take it back.

Seeing him made the guilt set in even more, so I sat up and looked up at him, my back against the wall as I sat on my bed, cross-legged and cross-armed and waited patiently for him to start this exchange.

But he just stood there, scratching away at his neck, staring down at me.

"... Well I'm waiting, you just gonna stand there and say nothing dumbass?"

I shouldn't have said something that bold, but, I couldn't help it, I was pissed.

"Alright fine, but that was completely your fault! You let him go! What's stopping him from reporting back to those fucking heroes saying he found a weak link in the League of villains?!"

God I hated the way he worded that, it just confirmed what I already knew, that I was just showing weakness. This year has not been mine, all I've done was just show all my weaknesses off to my comrades and done nothing to make up for them. I can't help being the weak link but this doesn't mean I can't train to get stronger.

I got up and pushed Tomura back, sending him stumbling a few steps and steadying himself from the sudden shove. I stood my ground, shaking inside from my slowly boiling levels of stress.

It didn't take long before the glitches started to bleed through my image in between my hallow and unsteady breaths.

((TW: VIOLENCE/YELLING/PANIC ATTACK))