###

Very soon, the news at the charity dinner reached the ears of the rest of the Jian family.

Upon hearing the news, the Jian family had complicated feelings.

"Yuncheng, come with me tomorrow to visit Master Liang," Jian Shuxing said. This decision was made after a long period of pondering by Jian Shuxing.

Originally, they didn't really interact with Master Liang. As a result, there was no need to pay him a visit.

However, Master Liang had given such a valuable gift to their daughter in public.

Due to this, it was only reasonable for them to visit Master Liang.

After they met Master Liang, perhaps they would learn about why Master Liang had given Jian Yiling such an expensive gift. Perhaps they would have an answer at that time.

Jian Yuncheng agreed.

Although he agreed, his expression looked quite heavy.

He no longer understood Jian Yiling. She was once the little girl who hid under their wings. However, now, he didn't understand what she was thinking. Nor did she ever tell them about her matters.

They hadn't heard that she was acquainted with Master Liang till now. And even now, they hadn't heard the news from Jian Yiling herself.

•••

Chapter 237: Come Back Early Yunmo!

Translator: Exodus Tales
Editor: Exodus Tales

A phone call interrupted his thoughts. After glancing at the caller ID, Jian Yuncheng immediately answered it.

The voice that came from the other end of the phone was gentle and clear:

"Brother, I was in the laboratory earlier. I didn't have my phone on me. As a result, I couldn't answer your calls. However, when I opened my phone, I saw that you had called me seven or eight times in a row. What's the matter?"

Previously, Jian Yuncheng had made several phone calls to Jian Yunmo.

"If it's convenient, it's best if you come back early."

"What's up? Why are you asking me to come back so suddenly?"

"Something happened to Yiling."

"What's wrong with Yiling? What happened? Is she okay? Is she sick?"

Jian Yunmo's voice sounded incredibly anxious.

"She's physically okay."

"Oh, that's good," Jian Yunmo replied. Upon hearing Jian Yuncheng's reply, his voice sounded much more relieved.

"However, there are a few matters that need to be dealt with. As a result, I want you to come back," Jian Yuncheng repeated.

"Brother... If it's not super important, I'd rather not come back..."

Jian Yunmo's voice trailed off. It sounded as though something was holding him back.

"Yiling is in a bad state of mind. She'll be happier if you come back."

"Bad state of mind? What's wrong? What happened? Is it serious?"

Jian Yunmo's voice became serious once again.

"It's a bit serious. If it's convenient for you, please come back and spend some time with her."

"Brother... I..." Jian Yunmo hesitated.