In fact, Qin Chuan could attend the best universities in the country with his college entrance exam marks.

However, his mother was always sick and his family didn't have the money.

In an attempt to save money and take care of his mother, Qin Chuan decided to stay in Hengyuan City.

"Got it," Jian Yiling answered simply.

Jian Yiling's attitude was rather rigid. For her, accepting a private tutor was her way of saying that she was willing to accept their good intentions.

However, her soft voice accompanied by her appearance stunned Qin Chuan. It made him think of her as obedient and understanding.

As Qin Chuan looked at her, he felt that Jian Yiling was quite different from what he had heard.

Since he was coming to become a private tutor for the Jian family, Qin Chuan had inquired about the family situation beforehand.

At the same time, he knew what had happened at Shenghua High School from the numerous posts on the online forum.

Everyone was saying that Jian Yiling has always been oppressive and overbearing. Apparently, she had pushed her brother Jian Yunnao down the stairs. Students in the school thus requested the school to expel Jian Yiling.

However, Qin Chuan knew of the influence the Jian family had in Hengyuan City. As long as the Jian family did not give up on Jian Yiling, the school would definitely not expel her.

Despite knowing that Jian Yiling was not easy to deal with, he still took the job from Jian Yuncheng. This was simply because of the price Jian Yuncheng had offered him and he desperately needed money.

As long as he could earn enough money for his living expenses and his mother's medical expenses, it didn't matter if the process was difficult. A troublesome and difficult student shouldn't be what he should consider.

However, after seeing the girl in person, Qin Chuan was surprised to find out that the girl did not appear to be as arrogant and unreasonable as the rumors had told.

He couldn't yet finalize whether it was because the rumors were wrong or the girl was just pretending to be obedient.

•••

Chapter 7: She Seems Very Timid

Translator: Exodus Tales
Editor: Exodus Tales

"Yiling will trouble you for a while then," Jian Yuncheng said to Qin Chuan. To which Qin Chuan replied, "Don't worry."

"Then let's start today. You'll have to work quite hard this week."

"That is fine."

Working hard wasn't a problem. If he did private tutoring every day, this meant that he could get a generous pay daily.

And Jian Yuncheng had promised him that he would pay the tuition fees at the end of every day.

This would be able to solve the problems that he had with paying the medical expenses of his mother's hospitalization.

If he were to be completely honest, Jian Yiling taking a break from school was timely assistance for Qin Chuan.

Afterward, Qin Chuan went with Jian Yiling to her study room.

Jian Yiling's study room was more like a little girl. The Jian family only had one daughter, so of course, they had raised her like a little princess. The study room was delicate and filled with the color pink.

Jian Yiling certainly did not like this pink theme. It didn't fit her inner temperament at all.

However, Jian Yiling didn't have time to modify the layout and style of her room. She had more important things to do.