Part 16 Cat-astrophic

Start from the beginning

"Uh, well I was just living a life as a normal girl?"

"Well yeah, like what did you do as a living? Did you like, work in the fields, sleep in the trees, and eat from a whole boar leg as a meal?" That was... Out of my expectations.

"No, I don't. I worked at a florist near Mount Hyacinth. I had my own house, and I eat from my plate, not a whole boar leg."

"Oh." Was all she said, clearly uninterested at my answers.

"Where is His Majesty if I may ask? I thought I was invited here to meet His Majesty?" I took a sip of the tea, trying to be not so nervous around her.

"About that, hmm, you see, I made my father to write that invitation so I could have you come over to meet me."

"Well why would you do that?" She could have sent an invitation by herself, I took another sip as I waited for her answer.

"Because, well... ..." She didn't seem to be really answering. "A-anyways, I have also invited Jack over to this tea party." She covered her mouth with a fan and looked away.

"At least you had given me a much more better gift than the one you gave him, hmph! But that doesn't mean I'll forgive you!" She suddenly started to scream a bit at her last sentence. In a mix of confusion and shocked, I looked at her and thought what had I ever done to her? I don't even recall meeting her before.

"So tell me, what kind of magic did you use on that cheap-o of yours?"

"Wh-what?" I was getting more and more confused, I stopped my cup mid-air and looked at her big angry eyes.

"Well that stupid garland you gave him! What kind of magic did you use on it??! Spells? What kind of tricks, illusions is that?!" She stood up from her chair, making it fell back behind her.

"It was just a plain garland, that was all."

"Lies!! Do you think you can fool me with that kind of tricks?! Do you take me for an idiot or what?!" She stomped her foot angrily but kept bombarding weird questions at me.

Out of a sudden, she turned to the other side and seemed to be sobbing,"Hics... It-it was your fault! Now Prince Jack, hics... Doesn't love me... Hics... Anymore..."

"What... ... ???" I did not know that they were in love(???)

I suddenly felt bad for her, but if they really were a couple then that would make me the third wheel in their relationship, and if this kind of scandalous news spreads all over the world my reputation on behalf of my father and my subjects will all be angered and I might lose the hope of helping out my kingdom and everyone will turn to hate me for being the bad person--- my brain couldn't stop thinking about the what-ifs and consequences I will face for my presence between them.

"I'm sorry to hear this from you, but, that's not true."

"Hics... Hics... Lies! Lies! Lies! You were only trying to persuade me that's not true so you can keep on lying to everyone then they will only believe an ugly duckling like you!"

"We... We are just friends." My face blushed in anger or embarrassment, I was unsure. I disliked the way she called me by ugly names, nor do I feel like being with Prince Jack as a couple after knowing they were the match.

"I will keep my distance with him if that makes you feel more comfortable." I set the tea cup down and stood up, ready to leave the place. "I'm sorry to hear that from you, but thank you for your invitation."

"No! You are not going anywhere!" She grabbed my arm once again, hurtfully pulled me back to my seat.

"Wha--?"