Chapter Eighty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"But they threatened to throw Neville to Azkaban since they have nothing to hold him down," Roman added. "That's why he went to hiding as well - who knew the Neville we knew from first year is now a badass, huh - a wanted man by the Death Eaters - leading the D.A. - brilliant!"

They have been walking for quite some time. It was a long tunnel, and the whole way, they told more and more stories and news about what happened to each other. When they asked Carina about how she was at Malfoy's Manor, she spared no detail about Bellatrix's deranged ways, and her torture - that made Roman wrap an arm around Carina and hold her tight - and then she told them about Luna, Ollivander, and Griphook. Neville then told Carina about how Elvendork kept looking her through the Potterwatch. After a while, they finally came to the end of the passage.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville said.

They opened the portal door.

"Hey," Neville called out. "I've brought you a surprise!"

"Can your surprise be digested?" Seamus asked.

Neville smiled and then moved to the side, showing the crowd Harry. Carina could hear cheers and gasps from the inside. When she finally got a glimpse inside of the room, her eyes widened at the sight of the students who have made the Room of Requirement a refugee camp. As they went down the ladder, cheers of "HARRY!" "It's Potter, it's POTTER!" "RON!" "HERMIONE!" "CARINA!" rang in their ears, and just as Carina got down the step, she was immediately tackled by someone. Blonde locks covered her vision. Tears fell from Carina's eyes as she realized who it was. She wrapped her arms around Maisie and held her tight.

"I missed you so much!" Carina cried.

"I missed you too!" Maisie said. "I can't believe you're here."

"I am, I'm here."

"But where's Theodore? He promised that he would be here as well."

Carina lets go of Maisie and held her by her shoulders, she frowned when she saw a few cuts at Maisie's face, clearly she has been subjected to the tortures of the Carrows.

"He promised he'll be here, then he will - he probably just got a bit of a detour," Carina said.

Behind Maisie, Carina saw Morgan approaching. Maisie stepped to the side to them have their reunion. Morgan brought Carina to an embrace and held her tight.

"You're here now... you're here..." Morgan cried. "I'm so sorry - I saw what she did to you - we should have gone to save you as soon as we can."

"It's alright," Carina said. "I'm here."

Just after Morgan let her go, the tunnel door opened and came in Luna and Dean. Maisie went to Luna and brought her to a hug.

"Hello, it's great to be back," Luna said.

"Luna, what are you doing here? How did you..." Harry said.

"I sent for her," Neville held up the fake Galleon. "I promised her and Ginny that if you turned up, I'd let them know."

Soon, another group came through the tunnel. It was Fred, George, and Lee Jordan ("Aberforth's getting annoyed, he wants a kip, and his bar's turned to a railway station," Fred said), after Lee was Cho Chang, a couple of other alumni, and then Cedric. The moment Cedric got down; Morgan brought him to an embrace.

"What happened to Roman?" Cedric asked.

"Fought a warg," Roman shrugged. "No big deal."

"And he hasn't stopped telling the story since he came back," Morgan chuckled.