Escaping Reality
1

Escaping Reality 1

Hi. I'm Eden. When I was only a baby, my parents gave me up because they were too young to care for me. Now, I'm sixteen.

Obviously, I was put in foster care, and was soon adopted by my lovely parents, Kate and Henry Lincoln.

They are amazing. I don't remember much of my life before them, but none of that matters. They treat me with respect, put a roof over my head, feed me, and overall are just wonderful parents.

Though, I'm not as happy as I should be. Sure, I'm thankful for everything, but I constantly feel out of place. I feel something is missing. I always thought that it was just because I didn't have my real parent.

We all have our distractions. Mine? Reading and writing. I have tons of books on one book shelf that sits in the corner of my room. I have a diary I write in almost every night, documenting my day and what runs through my mind. I also took up singing recently.

I have never been one to be all about famous celebrity gossip. But I do have quite a bit of following on Instagram. 95.4K to be exact.

It all started when I posted a video of me singing to a popular song. My following just started growing after that.

I even took up YouTube. I have about 1 million subscribers on there.

Despite all of this, I have no friends. It's kinda sad, but I don't mind being alone. It makes me happy in a way.

Tomorrow, everything I know will change. Kate and Henry made the impulsive decision to move to London. Of all places, London.

This will be one hell of a ride.

__

I wake up to the sound of Kate yelling my name from downstairs.

"Eden darling! Come on we don't want to miss our flight!"

I groan and stand up. I'd be leaving almost everything behind. The only thing I really got to take was clothes and the essentials.

I grab my vlog camera and open it. I put on one of my many fake smiles and press record.

"Hey guys! So as many of you know, I'm moving to London today! This is really exciting! Okay I've got to go get ready for my flight! See you there!"

I stop filming and sigh, changing from my pjs into sweats and a hoodie. I throw my hair in a bun, and carry my suitcase and bags downstairs.

"Are you ready?" Henry asks.

"No."

"This will be good. Good for the family. It's a fresh start." Kate smiles.

__

The care ride was 2 hours long, and the plane ride was even longer.

To my luck, I was put next to a little boy and an old lady.