006.

BACK TO THE PEOPLE

"It's good you have the troops

"It's good you have the troops." Emma walks alongside Caspian and her twin.
"But we need some fortifications, somewhere to train." Peter continued after his sister.

"So, what are they like?" Trufflehunter asked Trumpkin excitedly.
"Malcontents, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning." Trumpkin explains.
"Oh, so you like them then," Nikabrik observed.
"Well enough." Trumpkin admits causing Lucy to smile.

When they walked out of the wood, a beautiful open field awaited them. A little ways ahead, was a mountain, with an opening and beautifully broken down buildings all around it.

The centaurs lined up on either side of the walkway, holding up their swords for the High Kings and Queens of Old. 
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy walked forward first, Emma and Caspian standing back.
"You should go." He said to her, stealing a glance before looking forward again.
"I'm not royalty. So, you should go, my prince." Emma says bowing. He chuckled at her and held out his hand. She took it warily and they began walking forward, followed by the Narnians.

Lucy smiled kindly at a little centaur boy, who held his sword too low

Lucy smiled kindly at a little centaur boy, who held his sword too low. His father raised his arms before Lucy walked by. It was obvious he was distracted by the youngest Pevensie.
As they walked inside the cave, they looked around and saw different Narnians making weapons and other things for battle. Caspian let go of Emma's hand. She was a little disappointed, as his hands were a lot softer than she thought they'd be.
Caspian had to admit, he was sad to let her hand go too. Her hands were warm and full of kindness. Caspian felt colder, almost, without her hand in his.

They all continued walking forward, looking at all the lovely people of Narnia.
"It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible," Caspian explained.
"I think it's lovely," Emma commented with a warm smile. Caspian was rather shocked, to say the least, at her kindness. The history books never said how welcoming she is. He had assumed she was a bloodthirsty assassin, ready for any battle. But, she was a kind young woman, who gave a sweet smile to everyone. Of course, he had fought with her when they first met, so he knew Emma was capable, but she was as sweet as berries, and that was a beautiful thing to Caspian.