1 year ago

Charlotte walked from the bathroom taking her earrings out as nick lay on the bed. 

"Nicky, could you pass me that?" he looked to the side and passed her the dish for her to throw her earrings in. 

"what are we doing tomorrow?" she unzipped her dress humming as an answer. "it's our anniversary" he stated as id to remind her. 

"it's a year since someone tried to kill me and you bound us you mean?" he chuckled to himself as she slipped her dress off turning to see the back on her corset in the mirror.

"exactly, we should do something special... shouldn't we?" he closed his book and walked over to her and turning her around. "I think... move your hair... we should spend the whole day together and then I will call Dorian..."she stood unclipping her corset as he leant down to kiss her neck. "maybe we could rent a room... like old times?" she giggled a little turning around to face him. 

"hmmm sounds better than the day I had planned" he chuckled sitting down and pulling her to straddle his lap. 

"I got you something..." she frowned as he held a small box between the two of them. she took it from his hands, slowly opening the lid. 

"oh Nicky..." she looked at the silver necklace and smiled as she read the engraving.

'little Lottie

until the end of time

your Nicky'

he took it from her hands and fiddled with it 

"see now when you open it" he opened it open and handed it to her. she gasped seeing the pictures on the inside. him and Sabrina side by side. "you're reminded of the people who love you most..." she looked at the pictures for a moment before shedding a tear. 

"thank you Nick..." he wiped the tears away and pulled her chin up to look at him. 

"don't cry okay... no more tears, from now on, we are going to be happy, okay?" she gave a nod before a flash of light stopped her from going for a kiss. she looked up jumping out of her skin. 

"Caliban! what in the heaven!" she grabbed her robe, covering her practically naked body. 

"I apologies for the intrusion my queen, but I bring  unsettling news." her and nick looked at him with fear. 

the 3 sat at the table with a worried Ambrose sat in the corner. 

"Lilith is dead, she was struck down by the hoards of hell" Nick reached out taking her hand as she gasped. 

"why, why would they do this Caliban?" he pressed his lips together and looked down. 

"the hoards are calling for lucifer to be stripped of his place in hell..." Nick frowned as Ambrose walked closer. 

"and who to the propose is to replace him" Ambrose asked leaning against the side. 

"they want Charlotte..." everyone froze in shock and looked to her for an answer "the way the see it... Lucifer failed against the eldritch terrors... Charlotte and the Sabrina's overcame them... Charlotte is the only living monarch that they feel can take the throne and protect hell from any threat." she looked at Nick unsure of how in the world she was supposed to answer. she gripped his hand tighter and huffed.

"and if I don't?"

"they will kill every living Morningstar and take the throne for the selves" she bit her lip looking to her cousin for some help. "but, Lucifer knows of the plans. if you decide to take the throne he will come for you. this is why I am here, as a warning." she got up pacing the room attempting to clear her mind. 

"what of my life here? what about Nick? my family? am I just supposed to leave them. I have just lost my sister Caliban, and you expect me to loose everyone else?" she shouted at him feeling sick to her stomach at the thought. 

"in my defence my queen, this was not my choice. I would prefer it you live your life how you see fit." she laughed to herself looking at him as she paced. 

"so you can have my throne and make you're 10th circle?!" he shrugged to himself and stood up. 

"I will leave you to make your decision." and with that, he was gone. Nick attempted to calm her and Ambrose sat down. 

"cousin... you must descend back into hell... and you must take the throne... I am afraid the  sacrifices this family have to make are far from over..."