Chapter 13: Outnumbered

Start from the beginning

"For a white and one other, I cast raise the alarm creating two 1/1 soldier tokens." White said. The white orb floated upwards and turned into a speaker that blasted and alarm, causing two soldiers to run in and stand ready. "I end my turn." 

"I play a stone quarry," Nate began, "then for two green and two others, I summon a bristling hydra." the green orb began to sprout large spikes. More spikes shot out from the larger ones and continued to do so. Soon after, the spikes fused together at all angles and formed the hydra, six heads and all. "When bristling hydra enters the battle field, I get three energy counters." the hydra extended all of its necks to their full length and roared into the air, the three inverted pentagons shimmered into existence slightly above and behind Nate's head. "And since I cast a creature spell, Beast whisperer's ability activates, letting me draw a card." the hydra walked over to the elf and began to nuzzle him with all of its heads, getting a few pets in response. "I end my turn."

"I play an island and end my turn." Blue said, grinding her teeth.

"I play a Boros guildgate," Nate began, wearing a very smug expression, "for two red and four others, I summon Lathliss, dragon queen, activating my elf's ability, and end my turn." the red orb crashed into the ground, causing a small lava geyser to erupt. A large boulder shot from the fissure and landed nearby, only to shift and change as the dragon noble uncovered herself and sealed the geyser. The elf druid smiled at the large winged creature and bowed. Lathliss responded by doing the same. 

"I play a swamp and end my turn." Black said slightly worried. Maybe giving the extremely high ranking and skilled enemy have five turns in a round wasn't such a good idea. 

"Paying one of any, I put a rupture spire onto the field." Nate took a step forward in challenge, "Then for two black and three others, I summon a bone dragon!" the black orb shot into the ground. There was an unsettling quiet until the earth began to shake violently, followed by giant skeletal claws pulling their way up until the bone dragon was on the field. "this activates my both my beast whisperer's and dragon queen's abilities, making a 5/5 dragon token and letting me draw another card." the bone dragon bowed low to Lathliss, who roared in response while a dragon flew in to stand by its queen. The elf just smiled and shook his head, chuckling a bit. "I end my turn."

"I play a mountain and end my turn." Red said, sweating bullets. 

"I play a guildmage's forum, then for a black, a white, a red, and two others, I summon Zurgo helmsmasher." Nate called. "the multi colored orb crashed to the ground, creating an extremely large dust cloud. Once the dust settled, the hulking white orc screamed in challenge. Zurgo then turned to the elf and raised his sword in a rallying way. The beast whisperer raised his staff in a similar way, signifying that his ability had been activated. "For one of any, I summon a sparring construct." the grey orb hovered just above the ground and spun on its Y axis, causing a large amount of random junk to gather around it. As soon as the scraps stopped gathering, the construct burst from the center of the pile. The armed robot then jogged over to the elf druid, the two of them crossing sword and staff before the machine ran back to where it appeared. "Zurgo has to attack each turn, so he will attack White." 

"One of my soldiers will block and die." White responded. Zurgo sprinted towards the boy in white while one of the soldiers stepped into his path. The merciless orc didn't slow down at all until his sword was completely through the poor creature's chest. 

"When ever Zurgo kills a creature, he gets a +1/+1 counter." Nate explained. Zurgo then raised the coups into the air and roared in victory, his mussels bulging slightly. "I end my turn."

"White, I believe we may have underestimated our opponent." Blue said worriedly. 

"Keep going, we can win this." White ordered.