First day on the job!

My eyes will never cease to be amazed by his huge mansion. Sure, he used to be president, but wow! There are cameras everywhere, in every corner and crook of each evenly painted wall and expensive flower arrangement. 

An elbow belonging to no one other the man himself is leaning against the door frame. He has a charming television half-smile, and his casual shirt is slightly unbuttoned. 

"Ah! You must be the new maid. Y/n, wasn't it?"

He's a lot more casual than I thought, but it makes me comfortable. He leads me into the kitchen, whilst he talks me through how he wants me to organize the cupboards. I'm surprised he hired an inexperienced person like me, instead of a professional cupboard organizer. He kneels over and shows me under the sink, so I follow. Our shoulders our brushing against each other and I can feel his warm breath on me. It's neutral, but something draws me into the way it falls off his lips.

"Y/n, do you understand?" He snaps me back to reality with kind eyes. 

"Uh-Um...yes!" I tuck a strand of fallen hair behind my ear and chuckle at my own inattentiveness. He reaches his arm for an object, crossing me. His muscly arm lightly bounces against my chest. My face turns scarlet.

"Awfully hot in here, isn't it? I'll have to teach you to change the temperature after." 

He brings me up to his room next and shows me what he puts in each drawer. A picture of him and Michelle is torn, and I can't see any of her belongings in the house. He opens his drawer of underwear and quickly closes it.

"Did those boxers say "Buritos only?"" I laugh, it doesn't even make sense. What do burritos have to do with his pants? 

"Oh, um that was a silly present from my uncle...I don't know why I even keep it." He hands me them, probably to throw away, but I slip it in my pocket knowing full well I'll keep it. Who would throw away something that's touched the president's- WOAH, that's weird thinking. He's a man in his forties, like any other, so I should respect him as nothing else than my boss.

Before I know it my shift's over, he's handed me the money and I'm about to make my way to the door. He holds me back by my wrist and pulls me almost into a hug. 

"Wait-y/n. Would you like to have a cup of tea with me before you go? It gets awfully lonely here." I can't say no, can I? I'm not in any rush and people would pay millions for an opportunity like this. 

I'm in his kitchen, whilst he pulls some expensive designer biscuits from the shelves. I swirl my tea around, staring at the steam coming out. 

"You're not like any of the other maids I've had here for a while, y/n. All the others want an autograph, or a selfie and proof they've "met the ex-president"! But I'm a simple man, who just wants some good old fashion company," His sits his hand on top of mine, "so what would you say about being my own personal companion instead of a maid? You seem like a nice chat."

"I would love to!" My back jolts up straight, and I stop myself from jumping up and down like a kid because I don't want my hand to leave his. I finish the tea and he puts out his hand for a handshake, but I pull him in for a hug. We sit there a second, as his body relaxes. 

"That was just what I needed. Thank you, y/n."

I skip out of his mansion, not even being able to imagine what I'll say to my friends! But for now I think I'll keep  it our little secret...

The end.