Arrietty sat at the large table and looked at the other chair across her. She stared at it, and guess who she a: No one. These past months, she felt alone inside her big house. There was no one but her own company. During the last four years, she was here, in this big empty house.

How could she afford it? It was her grandma's inheritance. Arrietty's grandma was fairly rich but always kept it with her grandpa's side of the family. When she passed away, the house rightfully belonged to her mom. Her parents chose to give the house to Arrietty to go live in London and go to college while they stay in Wales. Arrietty wanted to refuse. To her, it was all too much money, such a big house just all for herself. But her parents did finally convinced her to take it. It was a big decision, but she was eternally grateful for the great opportunity given to her.

Before she moved to London, into her new home, she wanted to take Michelle with her. She just couldn't bear the thought of herself being alone for too much time. But her parents thought it was the best idea to keep her in Wales, for now. Arrietty insisted. Michelle did want to go, but the idea of moving suddenly into a whole new big city didn't sit through.

During the whole four years, Arrietty just felt like she was the only person in the world when she was home alone. She just wanted a loved one to be with her, at least someone go over once in a while. There would be times when she would invite acquaintances and friends. There would be young men come over and she did eventually did date a few and have them stay a few times, but nothing too special.

When she finished eating, she called her aunt to see if Michelle was around. She dialed the number and waited. She kept hearing the sound of the phone ringing and ringing, wrapping her fingers in the coil cord.

She had the feeling that no one was going to answer her call, but just as she was going to put the phone down, she heard her aunt's voice. "Hello?"

"Hello, aunt Viv!" she leaned on the wall, happy to hear a call.

Immediately recognizing her voice, her aunt responded, "Oh hello, Arrietty, how are you doing?"

"You know, fine, I suppose."

"I think you called to talk to Michelle, didn't you?"

Arrietty giggled, knowing that that was the case, "Yes, I did-"

"I won't waste your time. If you wanted to ask, I'm doing good as well. Now let me call Michelle. Give me a sec."

Arrietty waited anxiously and kept wrapping the curly long phone cord on her fingers, without much thought. She stopped when she heard her.

"How are you, loser."

"Hello, Michelle! I miss you too, loser."

"Arrietty, how are you? You are almost finishing college, right? How much more so you can come over and visit us? Or maybe we can go over. Would you like that?"

"Hold on, one question at a time," Arrietty smiled at her fast speaking, "Yeah, I don't know if I could go over, but beg mom to come to visit me here, alright?"

"Yeah sure. What's new, tell me."

"You know, the usual. One more month and I finish college. I've been working at the same place you came by last time, remember that?. Um, I just finished eating, and... that's it, that's all that's happening. But tell me about you. What are you doing? How are you?"

"Oh, I'm good too. I have been with aunt Viv for about a week now," and Arrietty heard her lower her voice into a whisper, "and I actually met this cute boy around the neighborhood. I keep telling aunt Viv that I was going with my friend, Lisa since she lives a few blocks away from her house. I do go sometimes, but this boy-"