Season Eight Episode One "Fighting Ghosts"

Start from the beginning

"She got shot in the stomach, good news is the ambo got here quick."

"What happened? Robbery, drive by?" Kim asked.

"We don't know, uh. She was walking with her parents, unfortunately no one saw anything. They heard two loud pops, next thing they knew their daughter was on the ground bleeding out." Jay said.

"Stray Bullet." Adam said.

"Sounds like it." 

"Alright, start canvassing, get Rocky on pod footage, anything we can use, Security cameras, find someone who saw something." Voight said, they all nodded and split up.

'''''''''''''''

"I hope Kev didn't think that I-" Emma started as they walked the neighborhood. "I was bitchin about the Deputy Supe's speech, not at all was I trying to minimize what happened to Sean Page." 

"I think he knows that babe, but you gotta remember, he's going through so much right now, he was probably venting. I wouldn't worry about it." Jay said.

"Okay." Emma said as they walked up to a short and stout African American man that was leaning against a fence,

"Sir do you live around here?" Jay asked him. He nodded. "Did you see anything unusual. Anyone with a gun, arguing? Anything like that." Jay asked. 

"No."

"Hear any gunshots?" Emma asked.

"No."

"How long have you been out here?" 

"Bout an hour."

"You've been out here an hour and you didn't hear two gun shots that hit a little girl right over there two minuets ago?" Emma asked.

"I already told you no." He said forcefully.

"Look we are just trying to get some information."

"and I Ain't got any. So get the hell outta my face bitch." 

"What did you just say to me?" Jay asked staring him down.

"Jay come on." Emma said grabbing his wrist and walking away. Jay turned around and started to walk away:

"Yeah, you racist ass cops ani't welcome round here no more." Jay stoped, pressed his lips together, then kept going. 

'''''''''''''''

"What do we know?" Voight asked as everyone gathered back in the bullpen.

"Nothing much, no shot splatter, no shell casing, no witnesses." Kim said.

"None that where willing to cooperate anyway." Adam finished. 

"Just talked too Will."  Jay said putting his phone down. "Lara Diaz, the girl, she's in critical condition, but doctor's removed the bullet. It's a 9mm, with Balstics right now."

"Okay, I'm not sure if it's related." Rocky said coming up the stairs with Emma. "Buttt, Lara's father was arrested for possession three years ago. I looked at his file, he's also got some gang cards, it looks like he runs, or ran, with the Latin Players." Rocky said.

"Maybe we where wrong and it wasn't a stray after all." Jay said.

"Kev, let's go." Voight said, he and Kevin headed out. Emma got out her phone and started typing.

"What are you doing?" Jay asked.

"I set up baby cameras all over the house to make sure Maisie was okay. Just a precaution." Emma said turning her phone, she sighed in relief as she saw David rock Maisie in his arms pacing her room back and fourth.