'Not So Happy Campers' Part Two.

Start from the beginning

"Duncan?" I called, twirling around in the water.

"Boo!" The boy popped up next to me, receiving a face full of water from me splashing him.

"Don't do that!" I instructed, swimming over to the boat and climbing up. He made his way up, too, and I glanced up to see Bridgette preparing to jump.

"You've got this!" I called up to her, and saw her smile. Taking the leap, I watched as she dropped into the safe zone.

"Woo! Go Bridgette!" I cheered, helping her up onto the boat. I made my way to the shore, sitting on the warm sand. One by one, the rest of the team began to jump. I rested my head on my legs, slowly slipping into a slumber. I hadn't slept much before I'd arrived, and fatigue was slowly getting the best of me.

Something was tickling my nose, making me slowly come into consciousness. Swatting it with my hand, I slowly opened my [E/C] eyes, blinking to help adjust to the sunlight. Immediately noticing the green hair, I groaned.

"Go away," I muttered, sitting up and stretching.

"Okay then, but I suggest if you don't want to get booted off, you'll come help us build the hot tub. Everyone already got the supplies there." Eyeing the beach, I noticed the crates that had once been there were gone, leaving only a few straggling campers.

"Crap!" I said, getting up from the sand and began sprinting to the campsite. I heard laughter behind me, however, I didn't stop, not wanting to get eliminated already. As soon as I reached the campsite, I saw my team.

"Courtney! What happened to your eye?!" I exclaimed, going over and examining it. She shrugged me off, embarrassed.

"It's nothing. I promise, I'm fine." Sending me a wide smile, I still felt protective of her. Glancing at the rest of the team, I noticed that some were missing. Katie and Sadie. Before I could ask, Courtney stopped me.

"Please, just don't ask. We could use your help building the hot tub." I nodded. I wasn't exactly a building-type, but back home, in some of my classes, I'd use toothpicks to create little things on the table, so I guess that was some sort of experience.

"Alright, let's do this." I stretched my arms, trying to regain feeling. I must have slept on them, cause I was struggling to move them.

"Harold, collect up the wood. Geoff, DJ, grab the hammers. Bridgette, you and I can get the base going." I smiled.

Chris came over, examining the hot tubs. First was the Screaming Gophers, and I had to admit, their hot tub was pretty cool.

"Nice one!" I mouthed to Leshawna, who gave me a thumbs up. Even though we were on opposite teams, I really enjoyed being friends with most of the other campers.

"Nice one Gophers! Bass, let's see how you went." Looking at the 'mess' we'd created, I sighed. This was not going to end well. I could already see small holes, where water was about to come bursting out of any second. With a tap of his finger, Chris made the hot tub explode, any work we had made was now a pile of soaked wood.

"Well, this is a pretty easy one. The winners are the Screaming Gophers!" A chorus of cheers erupted from the group, high fives and hugs all around.

"Killer Bass, what can I see? I'll see your sorry faces tonight at our first elimination ceremony!" With that, he left, leaving us with a heavy burden on our shoulders. Who would we vote off tonight?

After showering, I headed to the main lodge, where I knew my group would be. Taking a seat, I couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for our loss. Everyone was probably tired, yet I was the one who slept. And why didn't anyone wake me up earlier? I would've been okay if it meant we'd have a chance at winning.