Zhu Sha's expression appeared smitten. It was as though she was a love-struck fool.

"Hm..." Mo Shiyun mused. Her mind was on Qin Chuan. She had no interest in the new member of the Board.

Furthermore, members of the Board were typically quite old.

"Well, I still think that Jian Yunnao is more handsome! I hope he can recover soon. I want to hear him play the piano again!" Zhu Sha said. Whenever she spoke about Jian Yunnao, Zhu Sha's face lit up. It was quite easy to guess what she was thinking.

"Mhmm."

After talking with Zhu Sha for a little longer, Mo Shiyun's mobile phone suddenly rang.

Usually, her phone was switched off during class. However, it was lunchtime right now. Thus, she had switched her phone back on.

It was her mother who was calling her.

Ads by Revcontent

The moment she saw the caller ID, Mo Shiyun had a bad premonition.

Her mother cared about her studies the most. She would never call her during school hours unless something important happened.

As soon as Mo Shiyun answered the call, she heard Aunt Mo's anxious voice:

"Shiyun... I... I..."

Chapter 257: Aunt Mo's Dismissal (2)

Translator: Exodus Tales Editor: Exodus Tales

It sounded as though Aunt Mo was about to cry.

When Mo Shiyun heard her mother's voice, her heart felt like it was being torn out.

"Mother, what's the matter? What's wrong? Calm down. Did that bastard come after you again?"

"No... It's not him... It's... It's Young Master Yuncheng. He dismissed me..."

"What did you say? Dismissed? Why are you dismissed?"

Shock was evident on Mo Shiyun's face.

After a quick glance at Zhu Sha, Mo Shiyun got up and left the cafeteria. She didn't want her friend to look at her with curious eyes. She walked over to the flower bed outside the cafeteria to continue her conversation with her mother.

Ads by Revcontent

"Mother, please don't cry. Tell me what Young Master told you."

Aunt Mo's cries made Mo Shiyun's heart clench. She didn't want to hear her mother cry.

"Young Master Yuncheng just said that they no longer need two maids in the house anymore. Miss Yiling is currently living in the Old Jian Residence. Furthermore, Young Master Yuncheng and Young Master Yunmo aren't home very often. As a result, the only person who needs to be taken care of at home is Young Master Yunnao. Thus, Aunt An is enough. That's why they no longer need me."

Originally, the Jian Residence only had one maid. And that was Aunt An.

Aunt Mo came after Aunt An. She was hired because Aunt An was getting old. Accompanied by her age, her physical strength couldn't keep up with the work required of her.

When the Jian family was looking for a new maid, Mo Huiqin had a lot of competition. Originally, she wouldn't have been the one who had gotten hired. However, He Yan had pulled some strings behind the scenes and helped her secure the high salary job.

However, there was no way for them to refute Jian Yuncheng's words.

If he had said that he had dismissed Aunt Mo because she had done something wrong, then Aunt Mo would have been able to argue back and explain the situation.